Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

freedom of speech

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

freedom of speech Empty
PostSubject: freedom of speech   freedom of speech EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 6:14 pm

As I've witnessed on RTX, Memo had stated that we could get banned from RT.com for posts we make on this site.

Now while I may not be a sane individual, I do believe that is just plain bullshit. I believe we can say whatever the hell we want here, as long as it's not threatening. And why would it be? We're mature people, we do not wish death upon anyone, not even those who may wish death upon us Neutral >_> for whatever reason.

Nothing we have said so far has been a cause for concern, and if some people don't like our criticism of HG, then don't come here, it's pretty damn easy to avoid.
No one is making them read our posts, and this is our community so we will say whatever the hell we want.

If we get ban-hammered from the official site because of something that is said here, then so be it.
It's bullshit but it's their site so they can do as they please, but hai guiz guess what? derp so can we!

Also I've been looking around on Rt.com especially for members who have been banned for simply expressing their opinion. I don't think its fair at all, and I welcome those members here because there is no censorship.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
mage
mage

freedom of speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom of speech   freedom of speech EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:58 pm

MEMO as our local internet overlord, i think NOT!

freedom of speech Khyron17
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

freedom of speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom of speech   freedom of speech EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:53 am

Where in the TOU of RT.com does it say you can't post on other sites what you think? Are they purposely trying to drive away users? Especially ones who have been there for a long time.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

freedom of speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom of speech   freedom of speech EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:49 am

mecha2241 wrote:
Where in the TOU of RT.com does it say you can't post on other sites what you think? Are they purposely trying to drive away users? Especially ones who have been there for a long time.

That's just it, it doesn't say anything about that in the TOU. That's pretty much just Memo kissing ass by deleting any threads that talk bad about HG.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Dread
sentinel
Dread

freedom of speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom of speech   freedom of speech EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:13 pm

I hope he tastes ass sweat every day.
Back to top Go down
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

freedom of speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom of speech   freedom of speech EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:12 pm

mecha2241 wrote:
It doesn't... though that hasn't stopped MEMO from banning users for things said on other sites.

I know of at least two people who were banned from Robotech.com for things they said on other websites, and both of those people credit MEMO with making a fuss over it and doing the actual banning. It seems that he thinks that the ToU clause prohibiting bashing the Harmony Gold staff extends to other sites, and also prohibits legitimate criticism.
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/
Sponsored content

freedom of speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom of speech   freedom of speech Empty

Back to top Go down

freedom of speech
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotech: The Lost Universe :: Welcome Center :: Small Talk :: P.A.H.G-
Jump to: