Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What would you do different?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

What would you do different? Empty
PostSubject: What would you do different?   What would you do different? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Since this was also asked on RTX yes I spy there hurr

What would you do differently than HG? What could you do to better for the franchise if you were in their shoes?

Well first of all I would listen to the fans, their ideas of what they would like to see in terms of merchandise
and in order to provide that merchandise I would actually find quality worthy companies that would do it.
You would see more Robotech merchandise from me than what you see in the store on Rt.com

In order to avoid the legal issues for future projects, I would create entirely original content
and help to steer RT in a better direction, thus giving it a brighter future.

I would also allow fans to criticize and express their views of the franchise freely.
There would no longer be a divided fandom, as I would make sure to please everyone
by listening to their ideas.

Fans are what makes any franchise successful, without them there is no franchise
If I took over HG I would respect the fans and give them what they deserve.

RT would be my number one priority, and I would remain dedicated to working on it
for the fans. No half assed projects, if need be I would collaborate with other companies to make
sure the projects were done on a decent budget. It wouldn't be to make money, but to make
RT a successful franchise.

Now what would the rest of you do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: What would you do different?   What would you do different? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:47 pm

Well... What would I do differently?

First, I'd try for a live action TV show based in the Original 36 episode time-line, but only brushing whats happening with the SDF-1 and crew to bolster and mark the story line. There would be no pop/beauty/movie star, unless she was a washed up has been. The story would follow a series of characters that included senior officers of the RDF, officials of the UEG, reporters, soldiers and civilians who know them, and, by a few degrees of separation, even each other. Basically, it would be a reporter or two who witnessed the fold incident and survived trying to pierce the veil of lies the UEG and RDF are telling the world. As time goes on, the reporter would eventually win others over to his side, just in time to prep for the Rain. After that, it would be the survivors of the Rain trying to make a living in the post Rain world, until civilization is reestablished.

After the TV series, depending upon the success, I'd cast another one that spanned both the Masters and the New Generation. If these had all succeeded in gaining good ratings, I'd then push for a live action movie that bridged the gulf of the MAcross and Masters series. Should that one succeed, I'd do one the told the story of the Invid Invasion in more detail. Finally, I'd cast a third that closed it all off with the return of the REF fleet.

Fan comments would be welcome, and I'd do what I could to let them know I was listening, but I wouldn't try to please everyone. THat way lies frustration and ulcers. I'd take the input on technical details and things like that, but I'd think very hard on anything that advised a change in the story I was telling.

Memorabelia would be as little plastic as possible once it started getting into the adult level collectors items. The plastic and metal toys would be as robust as I could make them, and still remain economical. Books, comics, games and more would be done.

I'd basically just take the existing framework and tell the other side of the story.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: What would you do different?   What would you do different? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:48 pm

clap nice ideas!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: What would you do different?   What would you do different? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 5:18 am

Very nice Dread,
I think that would be an awesome idea and it makes a lot of sense. I was thinking however a twisted version of what you mentioned....(which makes me wonder if its what HG is attempting) Put out a "teaser movie" to attract people to the story line that could lead to a Tv mini series with in depth details about the storyline and then a full blown movie.....hmmmm now that i think of it I like your idea better lol so strike this one out Razz I was basing my idea off of the way they did the Terminator series. First came the Movie than the second and third, eventually the Tv series (that unfortunately was removed from the air) and then a prequel movie. But after saying that i think it may bomb like the Terminator series did wah

Well like you said its an idea What would you do different? 792422
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do different?   What would you do different? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you do different?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotech: The Lost Universe :: Welcome Center :: Small Talk :: P.A.H.G-
Jump to: