Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say Empty
PostSubject: Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say   Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:08 pm

I am a "real" anime fan, and have been for almost ten years. But when SPACE aired Robotech in '08, I was curious about it, and then became the new fan that Harmony Gold never wanted, because I stuck on to Robotech in some sense, but also don't want anything to do with their modern stuff.

Robotech is a dying franchise, unable to get the capital or the interest to continue itself, and of course making the same mistakes that all the expanded multiverse did before when it comes to quality levels.

It took me a while to admit it to myself, but the only thing that really, really holds my interest for more than brief periods are the Zentraedi: more specifically their cultural transformation, the eventually human-friendly male characters, and the designs of their ships, uniforms, equipment, and characters.

Normally that would have made me a Macross-only fan, but things...happened. Things which cololured my relationship with the Macross universe, though I certainly can claim myself a fan, and know my way around the block when it comes to the franchise.

And yeah, I know it's not canon, but I like some of what Robotech apocrypha did with Exedore and Breetai, so I'm stuck with that too, never mind that I can and do work up fairly good critiques about The Sentinels, unable to really hate it, but seeing the blandness and stupidity clear as day. And in that regard, "Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles" is something I just pity, rather than being angry about.

...I'm a complicated woman, okay?

I should also mention that I write a damn lot about Exedore, including non-fiction and fanfics. Which guarantees nobody will read them, but doing so makes sense to me anyway. (And in that way, I'm grateful for the novels for actually giving me something more to work with.)

Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say   Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:49 pm

Hello and welcome to our little corner on the web Grin
always glad to have another member on board.

Did I mention it's awesome that you're also a zentraedi fan? I've
Always thought they were pretty bad ass, and above all the
most interesting enemy of the robotech universe.
so again, welcome Wink and feel free to share your fiction with the rest
of the bunch. We're always looking for something new to read here :]
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
mage
mage

PostSubject: Re: Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say   Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 11:01 pm

hello new person
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say   Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:08 am

Welcome aboard Incisivis!! Hope you enjoy the stay and I look forward to any material you are willing to post here (reading material etc..)
Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say 960505
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say   Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't Think of Anything Funny to Say
Page 1 of 1