Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just for the sake of argument...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Viper
Admin
Viper

Just for the sake of argument... Empty
PostSubject: Just for the sake of argument...   Just for the sake of argument... EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:13 pm

Earlier today, a point was made on Doug Bendo's podcast that somoene needs to win a major powerball jackpot and but out Harmony Gold. If memory serves correctly, it was StarDragon that said it. Well, it got me to thinking...

If you had the money, and bought out Harmony Gold, what would you do with it?

Would you do tings differently to grow the frachise?

Would you simply crush it into oblivion?

Explain...
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: Just for the sake of argument...   Just for the sake of argument... EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:17 am

Well Viper that is an interesting question you pose..so I guess if I where to answer honestly I would have to answer with the fallowing:

Being completely honest with the fact that I don't know all the drama involved with the whole harmony gold Robotech vs Macross stuff (aka legalities and such) I would have to say first and foremost i would seek some kinda of agreement to work together with the battling companies to create a union if at all possible. After that is said and done i would then create some kind of a challenge or drawing that would incorporate the surviving fandom into the whole Robotech/Macross process to make it what it should have continued to be.....which is a quality sci-fi anime (and/or movie) with the love that we, as fans still feel in our hearts. I believe with this done, (and with the agreement between above said companies) there wouldn't be the need to kill off or mutate the characters of the original story line. Now granted I understand not everyone would agree to all the series but i believe if I where to at least incorporate that essence (that we all feel) back into it, than we would be one step closer to reviving what we once loved dearly.
To start I would focus on the basics of the Macross Saga (from both Robotech and Macross) and instill that kind of hard work and devotion into the series. Interviews with the original cast show them stating that 'the work load was grueling and that they would never want to do that again.' With that having been quoted, I would still ask for a great focus on quality but wouldn't put so much pressure among all those involved. (no one should have to work those long hours 7 days a week). I believe if you make your workers happy than the reward will seen in their work.
I would also take polls from the fans and incorporate their ideas into possible future stories, and of course reward them with benefits should their ideas be used. I would also lower the prices for the merchandise, or at least have them made with a better quality in mind that would actually make the product worth the money spent by the collector/customer.
I understand this sounds all like a dream come true or a pipe dream to some but lets be honest, the question was " what would you do with Harmony Gold if you bought it and had said money."

This is just my thought and "open onion" Just for the sake of argument... 279828
Back to top Go down
Star Dragon
robotech master
Star Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Just for the sake of argument...   Just for the sake of argument... EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Wow.. Wall of bold text killed my eyes (for real , no offense. Wish me luck at the eye Doc's tomorrow, heh)

Since it was my comment i'll extrapolate.

Step1: Pay asking price, buy shares, or whatever it takes to reasonably take over HG.

Step2: "Yun, ass out. And don't screw anything else up on the way to the door..."

Step3: Possible name change as the HG brand has been "tainted". maybe something cute like "Protocorp"? Maybe have a contest or put it up for a vote...

Step4; Put on lawyer hat and negotiate in GOOD FAITH with Big West/Tatsunoko, ect... And sort that Bullshit out for good, so EVERYONE benefits!!!

Thank you for reading my 4 point plan.

(Tommy Yun was not harmed in the making of this post... Unfortunately.)
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: Just for the sake of argument...   Just for the sake of argument... EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Lol I like your ideas Star Dragon and sorry about the "bold an blue" its become somewhat of a trademark of mine..but perhaps I should tone it down. Just for the sake of argument... 279828
Back to top Go down
Star Dragon
robotech master
Star Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Just for the sake of argument...   Just for the sake of argument... EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:22 am

It's not you, it's me (eyes & required visual settings)

But yeah, Paragraphs are everyone's friends.
Just for the sake of argument... 972213

And happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Just for the sake of argument...   Just for the sake of argument... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:55 am

I've joked about this for the better part of 10 years.

What I'd do...

1. After acquiring Robotech, I'd of course go into negotiations with both BW & Tatsunoko to clear things up - not just as a Robotech fan, but also as a Macross fan (rare bird that I am, liking both universes without prejudice against either).

2. Fire the current Robotech staff, and order a complete legal and financial audit. All job references for them would indicate their role in mishandling the product, either from malfeasance or incompetence.

3. Total housecleaning on the web page. I'd have a few of the people banned from the site go through and salvage what archived files were worth keeping, then everyone would restart from scratch - with the old moderation staff almost all starting at a probationary member level, with little chance of ever moderating again.

4. Rework the official timeline to actually fit the originally-aired series and its written support info from the mid 80s (good-bye, Feb 2009 and 2040s).

5. Destroy the masters of TSC, and offer a refund out of my own pocket to recover as many copies as I could for destruction. Would also do the same for the supposedly "remastered" series, and have a new remastering done, preserving the old scripts, sound effects and scene ordering. Would also look into giving bonuses to the original voice cast, for their work still being used after all these years.

6. Redo the RPG in a similar manner, paying Palladium to print the replacement books out of my own pocket, and all of them in STANDARD size (not that stupid manga format). Look into doing a Macross-based RPG series as well.

7. Get official importation of Macross series and merchandise, and get a real, COMPETENT, maker of Robotech merchandise. Apologize to Rebecca and Mari for Tommy making Minmei look like an over-endowed Hooters girl on that one poster (and yes, I've heard Rebecca make the comment that she wished she - not the character - had looked like that when she was younger).

8. Talk Big West and/or Tatsunoko into doing modern remakes of Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross and Super Dimension Century Orguss. Those series' plots would work a LOT better in the modern anime market than they did in their original incarnations (though one would have to speed up some aspects of the early plot of SDC:SC).
Back to top Go down
http://home.kih.net/~sbundy/
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: Just for the sake of argument...   Just for the sake of argument... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Ok first of all late entry (thanks Star Dragon for the Happy B-Day wish and hope the blue without the bold is working for you)...

now as a reply to Basara549.....you're hired lol.

To everybody else....anyone want to help with the raise money to make Basara549 a billionaire and owner of the Robotech/Macross franchise?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just for the sake of argument...   Just for the sake of argument... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just for the sake of argument...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotech: The Lost Universe :: Welcome Center :: Small Talk-
Jump to: