Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:43 am

incisivis wrote:
Hmmm...it's hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but if you're not:

Yeah, she did. Aurora was...super-intelligent and had accelerated aging that slowed down eventually, and was somehow able to be...I don't know, some kind of conduit force that would allow the SDF-3, which was then stranded in another universe, to take the fold engines from the original SDF-1, which had somehow ended up in that same other universe. She could also commuicate across galaxies, which was how she told Dana to "Beware of the spores", though that seemed more like a reflex.

Oh, and Aurora also spoke telepathically to Jean Grant as she was being born.

I'm not making any of this up. End of the Circle is pure crack. 204546

Nope... much to my dismay I was being im so serious I've only read some of the novels, not all and so I was unaware that Aurora had special sue powers.

Anyways, I don't like what they did with her character.. I mean she's half human and zentraedi, Dana doesn't have powers, so why would she? It just doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

They could of made her character more realistic in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://home.kih.net/~sbundy/
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:05 am

happypenguins wrote:

Anyways, I don't like what they did with her character.. I mean she's half human and zentraedi, Dana doesn't have powers, so why would she? It just doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

It is part and parcel of the 'grand design' Dana was born with the power of harmony. The symbol of uniting the two races together. In ones P.O.V she performed a feat of power much stronger then Aurora could have done. The unification of the human emotion and the zentraedi prowess created a new being for the galaxy. The assimilation of technology with the Tiresian's and the Sentinel Races, reformed the 'human race' into the creators of a new universe.

Aurora was the vista update package, the troubleshooter patch, that had the power to fix and obtain artifacts that seemed impossible, allowing Minmei to become the "Virgin Mary" of Robotech, giving birth to Zor! Max & Miriya are our unwittingly Adam & Eve.

Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
khoroshen
zentraedi
khoroshen

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:50 am

Oh, it also gets better: some force or other turns all the children born after the defeat of the Regent's Invid into glowy-eyed psychic children, though unlike Aurora, they're not creepy or mystical and seem rather normal when they aren't doing their thing.

I swear, End of the Circle should come in a baggie...

I do love that book, though--sometimes in spite of myself--mostly because the there's a strangely "epic" feel to it all, and I do in fact love weirdness that warps a show's established universe out of joint.

When it comes to the novels, though: the writers did like to play up the idea of Dana somehow having special powers, like in the novels when this crazy scientist bastard Dr. Zand was always always trying to study her and there were several more characters who thought Dana was "special" (and not in the short-bus sense that we sometimes think).

Personally I never got that: isn't the whole point that Zentraedi and human are genetically compatible, so their producing offspring should be no big deal? Answer: yeah it was. So they're just making shit up...

...thought didn't Dana have her freaky moments in the original Masters dub, too? I think so, but I don't remember much about it.

Also, yeah, the whole EotC plot hinges on Aurora, but it didn't have to. Something else could have been written. Like I said, I would have had less of a problem with her if she'd have been a "real" character instead of a cilche, but that's all we've pretty much got with her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotech: The Lost Universe :: Welcome Center :: Introductions-
Jump to: