Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What the shit?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

What the shit? Empty
PostSubject: What the shit?   What the shit? EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 2:18 am

This is taken from the legal thread on Robotech.com
reading that mumbo jumbo gave me the urge to take and disect it for myself

Quote :
WELL, JUST STOP CHASING YOURSELF AROUND. ANSWER THIS ONE QUESTION AT A TIME.

IS MACROSS PART OF ROBOTECH? IF YOU ANSWER YES, THEN YOU MOVE ON TO THE NEXT QUESTION AND SO ON.

THEN, DID TOMMY SAY THAT THE 41 ILLUSTRATIONS WERE PART OF THE ANIMATION OF MACROSS? THE ANSWER IS YES.

DOES TATSU OWNED THE ANIMATION, THE ANSWER IS YES AGAIN.

Hg only has the merchandising rights.... why the hell can't he get that through his skull?

Quote :
NOW THE LOOK.
DON'T KNOW THE EXACT DETAIL FROM WHAT MR. TATSU AND TOMMY TALKED ABOUT. BUT IN RELATION TO THE ANIMATION, TOMMY DID SAY THAT FROM THE ADVICE THEY GOT FROM TATSU, WAS TO MAKE IT FRESHER.

mmm new car smell!!!

Quote :
TOMMY WAS NOT JUST GOING FOR THE HARDCORE FANS BUT FOR THE YOUNGER CROWD AS WELL. NEW FANS IF YOU WILL.
If Tommy was going for the hardcore fans, he would of used the "How to draw robotech" guides.
New fans are just retarded, if they can't appreciate old art.

Quote :
IN POINT, MY KIDS, THEY DON'T LIKE THE OLD VISUALS OF ROBOTECH OR EVEN G1 TRANSFORMERS. BUT THEY DID LIKE THE LOOK ON THE NEWER ANIMATION AS WELL AS SHADOW CHRONICLES.
LOL they like the shadow chronicles because they're stupid and naive. Simple as that, and TSC designs are some of the ugliest crap I've ever seen. I'ts robotech not fucking MARVEL!

Quote :
YEAH MAN, WERE DYING WITH THE DINASOURS. NEW BLOOD AT HG AND NEW BLOOD OF FANDOM. DVD'S ARE STILL SELLING.
I highly doubt they are selling.. who would want that shit when they could have the original show?
Also, the dinosaurs are very insulted memo.... What the shit? 848639 FUCK YOU

Quote :
REMEMBER, I ALWAYS SAID ROBOTECH IS MORE THAN MACROSS ITSELF. YES MACROSS IS THE CANDY THAT IS EVERYONES FAVORIT BUT YOU CAN ONLY REDO THE STORY SO MUCH. FOR ME IT FEELS LIKE A CORRECTION THAT THERE IS NOT JUST MACROSS. THAT THERE IS ALSO MORE THAN THAT. THE MASTERS AND NEW GENERATION. MACROSS IS NOT THE ONLY THING OF ROBOTECH BUT THAT THERE IS THAN JUST THAT.
Or you can't redo it at all LOL

Quote :
QUESTION. WHO OWNS MACROSS AND THOSE DESIGNS "OUTSIDE OF JAPAN"? TOMMY ALREADY SAID IT. ESPECIALLY WHEN ASKED ABOUT SPECIFICALLY OF THE 41 DESIGNS.

THIS IS THE "GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES PART".

Tommy also said the sky is green, but it still looks blue to me!

Quote :
I WOULD THINK IT WILL NOT SATISFY YOU THERE. AND ONE PROBLEM THAT I THINK THAT "MIGHT" HAVE HG NOT SAYING MUCH IS THAT WB HAS THOSE EXLUSIVE RIGHTS TO BE TEH FIRST TO SAY WHAT THE MOVIE WILL HAVE AND WHAT IT WILL BE ABOUT.

THAT'S HOLLYWOOD.

SO WE CAN ONLY GO BY STATEMENTS IN THE PAST AND WHAT HG BEEN SAYING AL ALONG. "EVERYTHING ROBOTECH"

WB IS PAYING BIG BUCKS FOR THIS MOVIE. AS WELL IS TOBEY MAGUIRE. HG HAS TO BE REALLY CAREFULL AS TO WHAT AND WHAT NOT THEY CAN SAY AS OF NOW. OR WHAT WB AND HG HAS WORKED OUT.

If Big West says WB can't use their designs then that's it...Big bucks or not, its the property of Big West and Hollywood can't use it without their permission.

Quote :
I CAN SEE THE "DESIGN" OR THE "HOLLYWOOD EXCLUSIVENESS", AS I LIKE TO CALL, SO I EXPLAINED ABOVE.

BUT IN PAST STATEMENTS, HG HAS BEEN PRETTY MUCH UPFRONT. THIS THREAD POINTS YOU INTO THOSE DIRECTIONS. AS WELL AS STATEMENTS BY HG STILL UP ON THE WEBPAGE.

JUST PUSH ASIDE "THOSE" PEOPLE WITH AGENDAS AND "ISSUES" AND MOVE ALONG THOSE ROADBLOCKS SET UP BY THEM FOR YOUR INFORMATION AND GET AHEAD. THAST ALL I CAN REALLY HELP YOU WITH.

AS YOU SEE WHY MAV AND ME MOVED THOSE OBSTACLES OUT OF THE WAY.

Not really, you two just banned anyone who came to you with the facts. What the shit? 68716
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

What the shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the shit?   What the shit? EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Quote :
New fans are just retarded, if they can't appreciate old art.

Hey! Some of us new fans love that cheaply-animated 1982 cells where Konda once got coloured like Kyle! What the shit? Suspect

(inhales for rant preparation)

Seriously, though, how stupid can they all BE? Do you think if HG and their boys had the rights to the Macross characters, they wouldn't have redesigned them into unrecognizable forms for PTSC and hope that others can take the new names pasted onto characters who look nothing like them? Even the old Sentinels designs looked more like the Macross characters than those jokers did!

(And please, don't buy that "aging changes you" crap. HG really isn't the type to have the imagination to go against the usual grain of keeping the characters familiar no matter their ages so the audience can still identify with them for the purpose of their "art". They did it because they had to.)

And do you think HG would let these Macross characters drop like flies or let years pass without word of them if they were free to do what they wilt? Again, the excuse that, "By the 2040s they're too old to be of interest to the storyline anymore; let them go" is complete and utter bullshit.

Stories just don't leave so much visual confusion or loose ends unless the writers are a) Really stupid or b) Their hands are tied. We all know HG is stupid, but the facts point to option b).

Look, I'm honestly sorry that Robotech fans can't get the well-rounded conclusion and continuation that covers multiple eras that they've been wanting for for decades. But it's not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

What the shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the shit?   What the shit? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:59 am

Quote :
Hey! Some of us new fans love that cheaply-animated 1982 cells where Konda once got coloured like Kyle! What the shit? Suspect

That's awesome!

Quote :
(inhales for rant preparation)

Seriously, though, how stupid can they all BE? Do you think if HG and their boys had the rights to the Macross characters, they wouldn't have redesigned them into unrecognizable forms for PTSC and hope that others can take the new names pasted onto characters who look nothing like them? Even the old Sentinels designs looked more like the Macross characters than those jokers did!

Well of course those characters look unrecognizable, yet the RT fanatics will claim they don't, and that HG does have the rights because of that. And you're right, the old sentinels designs looked more like the characters, I'm kinda pissed they didn't just use those, instead they let em go to waste.

Quote :
(And please, don't buy that "aging changes you" crap. HG really isn't the type to have the imagination to go against the usual grain of keeping the characters familiar no matter their ages so the audience can still identify with them for the purpose of their "art". They did it because they had to.)
Exactly

Quote :
And do you think HG would let these Macross characters drop like flies or let years pass without word of them if they were free to do what they wilt? Again, the excuse that, "By the 2040s they're too old to be of interest to the storyline anymore; let them go" is complete and utter bullshit.
Again I agree with you 100% it's just a bullshit excuse they use because they know they cant use those characters anymore, but don't want the hard core fans to know.

Quote :
Stories just don't leave so much visual confusion or loose ends unless the writers are a) Really stupid or b) Their hands are tied. We all know HG is stupid, but the facts point to option b).

Look, I'm honestly sorry that Robotech fans can't get the well-rounded conclusion and continuation that covers multiple eras that they've been wanting for for decades. But it's not going to happen.

Yeah it's not, but a lot of these fans just can't seem to let go of that hope. I've given up, especially after seeing TSC and the live action movie isn't going to change my mind either.
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

What the shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the shit?   What the shit? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:07 pm

Thank you; it felt good to get that off my chest.

I saw these kind of excuses in the couple years I've been on RT.com, and it took me a while to get settled, and really recognize what I was looking at: these weren't different interpretations, just excuses for why that Stuff was happening to the Macross characters.

Like I said, writers who have complete freedom may say that characters are "too old" to be of use, or kill off minor ones abruptly, or not finish the stories of major characters, but I'm really not seeing this case as something HG would do on their own.

Oh, OH, here's another one I got tired of hearing on RT.com: "Well, Robotech has always been about starting over with a new generation, never knowing what happened to the old. So they're keeping that tradition with TSC."

What the shit? 835334

Wouldn't the point of "original" Robotech material be to transcend these limitations instead of following them just because? It's like people thinking that it's okay for Maia and her possible younger self from the Masters Saga to have completely different hair, because baby and teen Dana had completely different hair. (Which I actually had a debate about, once upon a time)

As to why they didn't hew closer to the old Sentinels designs in PTSC, I'm guessing that they had to start from scratch because the Sentinels designs, though not meant to conflict with the Macross ones, where made at a time when Harmony Gold had more of a blessing to do stuff with the Macross characters than they do now.

Either that, or HG always had the same level of rights after the Sentinels fizzled and just got more touchy about potential lawsuits and decided to go all-out on redesigns. (except for Buckethead Breetai, who always looks pretty much the same, poor bastard)

Although, this has got me thinking again: why are they not continuing Robotech as a comic series? PTSC and the rest of Yune's crap sold poorly and had a lot of printing errors and stuff, but from what I hear, the comics are considered merchandise and so have more legal freedoms, and would also be cheaper to produce...so why not?

Then again, I have seem mouth-breathers in other fandoms think that a work must be in the same medium as it begun in order for it to be a legit continuation, which is just crazy talk. I can picture Robotech fans believing that a continuation MUST be a cartoon before it feels right, but screw them.
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
khoroshen
zentraedi
khoroshen

What the shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the shit?   What the shit? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:36 pm

LOL.

Memo kinda screws himself over in that thread. He agrees that anything official, or factual about Robotech, be it about the movie, the legal, is now and has been since day one of the partnership, been at the whim of Warner. Since Warner has not stated the legalities of the content, whatever Memo says as facts, are voided in validity, as it has not been confirmed by WB. This means he's stating opinion as fact. The very same banning excuse he gave to Waters7 in that very same thread.

In the mods thread, Memo stated that a person who is appointed as a moderator, would be someone who is consistent. If he doesn't ban himself, he just makes the situation worse for himself.

I also like how his little bitch friend PTH tries to blame Jason. I bet Memo sided on him to say that to give an impression that he(Memo) is a strong, forceful moderator against those who 'rock the boat'.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

What the shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the shit?   What the shit? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:22 pm

khoroshen wrote:
LOL.

Memo kinda screws himself over in that thread. He agrees that anything official, or factual about Robotech, be it about the movie, the legal, is now and has been since day one of the partnership, been at the whim of Warner. Since Warner has not stated the legalities of the content, whatever Memo says as facts, are voided in validity, as it has not been confirmed by WB. This means he's stating opinion as fact. The very same banning excuse he gave to Waters7 in that very same thread.

In the mods thread, Memo stated that a person who is appointed as a moderator, would be someone who is consistent. If he doesn't ban himself, he just makes the situation worse for himself.

I also like how his little bitch friend PTH tries to blame Jason. I bet Memo sided on him to say that to give an impression that he(Memo) is a strong, forceful moderator against those who 'rock the boat'.

If anything Memo is making himself look bad and HG too
I mean it's no wonder he's the butt of all jokes on MW
PTH too. Are the staff of HG even aware of this behavior, or if they
are, why are they allowing it in the first place, when they know it
is tarnishing their image even more.
Back to top Go down
khoroshen
zentraedi
khoroshen

What the shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the shit?   What the shit? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:32 am

Its a healthy distraction. Memo is hyping up the atmosphere surrounding Robotech's Live Action Movie. Providing the Press, rumors, and fanfares.

It means that, for rt.com no-less, if there is a major backlash in the fandom, then it isn't HG's fault, as it can easily be blamed on Memo, Maverick, etc, etc.

They are being played by HG, so I doubt they would stop them. Probably give them some encouragement. They are both for the Live Movie, what Doug(Darkwater) was for Shadow Chronicles. People were blaming him for the over hype of the show, despite him washing his hands after realising what HG was doing to him.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

What the shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the shit?   What the shit? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:40 pm

khoroshen wrote:
Its a healthy distraction. Memo is hyping up the atmosphere surrounding Robotech's Live Action Movie. Providing the Press, rumors, and fanfares.

It means that, for rt.com no-less, if there is a major backlash in the fandom, then it isn't HG's fault, as it can easily be blamed on Memo, Maverick, etc, etc.

They are being played by HG, so I doubt they would stop them. Probably give them some encouragement. They are both for the Live Movie, what Doug(Darkwater) was for Shadow Chronicles. People were blaming him for the over hype of the show, despite him washing his hands after realising what HG was doing to him.

Ah, well we'll see how healthy it is once it goes public and everyone knows about their BS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What the shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the shit?   What the shit? Empty

Back to top Go down

What the shit?
Page 1 of 1