Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brutal Legend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

Brutal Legend Empty
PostSubject: Brutal Legend   Brutal Legend EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 3:40 am

I picked this up last Sunday after playing the Demo. I thought it was hilarious! I love the heavy metal soundtrack and the fact that you can unlock new songs as you go along. Other great things include having Ozzy Osbourne be the guy you go to for upgrades. Other Metal royalty to appear include Lemmy from Motorhead, Lita Ford and Rob Halford from Judas Priest. This game is just a load of fun. The only problem I can see is if you don't like Jack Black who plays the main charactor Eddie Riggs, but I think he's pretty funny in this game. If you don't like foul language and graphic violence, or like me have an impressionalbe little one you don't want see such things like I do, you can also turn them off so that swear words are bleeped out (which is also pretty funny to listen to actually.) Anyway, I give it my recommendation. I'm only a little over a quarter way through it, but if you have any questions I'll try to answer them!
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Brutal Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brutal Legend   Brutal Legend EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 11:51 am

yeah it looks fun I might rent it one of these days Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Aladdin Sane
micronian
Aladdin Sane

Brutal Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brutal Legend   Brutal Legend EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:22 am

I finished BL today.

I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other regarding Jack Black, but I think he was pretty much perfect as Eddie. The rest of the cast are great as well, the voice work was top-notch overall. The game isn't the best looking ever from a technical standpoint but great art design gives the game a lot of charm and leaves it looking fantastic anyway.

The world is well designed, and I had a lot of fun just driving around the looking for things and doing the side missions when they came up. The dragon statues and other trinkets aren't as well catalogued as in Psychonauts, where tracking down what you were messing in each area was made easy by a handy list of what you had where, and I don't know if I'll go back to find every single thing I missed, but I enjoyed poking around while I was making my way through the game. The combat and action gameplay is kinda average, adequate but not really a lot more. The stage battles are great, infusing RTS elements to create a fast, strategic action game.

The pacing is just about right, perhaps falling slightly on the side of "too short". It doesn't wear out its welcome and leaves you satisfied, if wanting just a bit more.
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

Brutal Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brutal Legend   Brutal Legend EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:04 am

Finished it, and yeah, I thought it could be a little longer, but I enjoyed it overall. It'll be interesting to see where a sequel goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brutal Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brutal Legend   Brutal Legend Empty

Back to top Go down

Brutal Legend
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotech: The Lost Universe :: Media :: Games-
Jump to: