Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Fanfic: Current Master List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

My Fanfic: Current Master List Empty
PostSubject: My Fanfic: Current Master List   My Fanfic: Current Master List EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:05 pm

Time to make good on it: I have written fanfic, and here it is:

While everybody else is writes epics, I write a bunch of shorter stories focusing primarily on my favourite character, one Exedore Formo. I only intended to write a few, but it kind of snowballed from there, thanks in part to me deciding to challenge myself by writing a long-running pairing between Exedore and Lantas, a minor character who appeared in "End of the Circle". God willing, I made it believably awkward enough....

Out of necessity, I use the novels as a primary basis for this; I don't agree with everything in the novels, not even some of the things I actually didn't contradict when I could have, but if you want to write about a fate for Exedore which does not suck, the McKinneyverse is the way to go.

Sometimes I write about other characters, but again, the pieces are small, short, and character-driven.

Instead of spamming the board, I have here The List of my links to my current stories, and their summaries, from ff.net, though there are a few more I plan to write yet.

These are linked roughly in the order I wrote them, not according to their internal chronology:

The Tomorrow
The more personal aspects to Exedore's life after the Rain of Death: discovery, loss, and an unusual dinner party. Based in the Robotech universe

November Has Come
Exedore engages in another odd practice, while remembering the events of the Malcontent Uprisings. A story about masks, continuation of "The Tomorrow". also, perhaps you should be familiar with "Macross: Do You Remember Love?" before reading

O Green World
After the final decade-long fold of the SDF-3 in "End of the Circle", Exedore reunites with the Sterlings and has surprises for them both good and bad.

Dare
Some loose ends are tied up, as Exedore gets a new occupation and chooses a home, while the Zentraedi future marches onward. Takes place directly after “O Green World” and concludes the Exedore Quartet.

Chivalry
Exedore and Lantas’ relationship goes through a rough patch in the early days of conflict between clones and natural-borns on Tirol, as Lantas’ character is further explored. One of the events alluded to in “O Green World”, which takes place after this.

Ouroboros
An aging Lantas copes with the difficulties of an expanded lifespan, reminding herself of what she has to live for.

Legacy Character: A Story in Two Parts
Years after the Zentraedi have departed Fantoma, an elderly Exedore Formo finds that life still holds many strange things.

Stories About Other Characters

Refuge in Audacity
The fall and (rise?) of Azonia Lamiz, after the defeat of Dolza.

Three Little Boys
The life of Rico, Bron, and Konda, following the end of the Macross Saga. Some overlap with the events of "The Tomorrow" and "November Has Come"

Aurora's Story
Aurora Sterling has a solution to getting worshipers off her back, but life before and after that is never easy.
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: My Fanfic: Current Master List   My Fanfic: Current Master List EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 8:33 pm

wow these all sound really interesting, especially the stories about Exedore Grin Will have to check them out tonight ;]
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: My Fanfic: Current Master List   My Fanfic: Current Master List EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:03 am

Read Three Little boys a while ago and I really liked it. It was nice seeing a story from their point of view for once, though still sad that they died wah

Will read the others later.
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

PostSubject: Re: My Fanfic: Current Master List   My Fanfic: Current Master List EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:03 pm

I knew you would mention that, HP, but it's funny because I just went through a minor crisis of conscience when I realized that after having contradicted so many things from the novels already, I could have made them still alive, but for some reason, at the time, doing it struck me as a childish, "I can make it right" instead of owning up to things that made me go BAWWWWWW.

But the flipside of this is that there's no practical reason in the story for them to die, except to give Dana angst, so it's not like there's a Profound Moment of Coping that I would have had to kill in order to keep them alive.

I'm just a chicken, I guess, because I don't want to rewrite it. I HATE rewriting.

The original novels were actually worse in that regard, though, since they never could make up their mind how close a friend Miriya was to the Trio, nor what caused their deaths, and described them as already "deathly ill" by the time of the wedding.

I still wonder what prompted that writing decision.... Suspect

Oh, and trying to write personalities for characters who don't have much in the way of distinct ones is HARD.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: My Fanfic: Current Master List   My Fanfic: Current Master List EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 3:55 pm

incisivis wrote:
I knew you would mention that, HP, but it's funny because I just went through a minor crisis of conscience when I realized that after having contradicted so many things from the novels already, I could have made them still alive, but for some reason, at the time, doing it struck me as a childish, "I can make it right" instead of owning up to things that made me go BAWWWWWW.

But the flipside of this is that there's no practical reason in the story for them to die, except to give Dana angst, so it's not like there's a Profound Moment of Coping that I would have had to kill in order to keep them alive.

I'm just a chicken, I guess, because I don't want to rewrite it. I HATE rewriting.

The original novels were actually worse in that regard, though, since they never could make up their mind how close a friend Miriya was to the Trio, nor what caused their deaths, and described them as already "deathly ill" by the time of the wedding.

I still wonder what prompted that writing decision.... Suspect

Oh, and trying to write personalities for characters who don't have much in the way of distinct ones is HARD.

Well I think you did them great justice and even if it was hard giving them personalities, I think you nailed it. I really liked the scene where they cried for the first time over the deaths of Sammy, Kim & Vanessa. That was a really touching moment and it really made you feel for them, in fact there were a lot of moments like that and to me that is a sign of a great author. If you can make your audience feel the emotions of the characters, then you know you're good.

again well done, look forward to reading the others, just gotta make time =p
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

PostSubject: Re: My Fanfic: Current Master List   My Fanfic: Current Master List EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 4:03 pm

Thank you...

I love you
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: My Fanfic: Current Master List   My Fanfic: Current Master List EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:31 pm

no problem :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Fanfic: Current Master List   My Fanfic: Current Master List Empty

Back to top Go down

My Fanfic: Current Master List
Page 1 of 1