Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Preserving something from RTX just in case

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

Preserving something from RTX just in case Empty
PostSubject: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 4:16 am

From: http://www.robotechx.com/forums/51-canon-fodder/6699-podcasts-that-are-beging-something-new.html?limit=10&start=80#7351

dougbendo wrote:
Quote :
No this is not a plug for a show Seto.
What you posted was an advertisement for another episode of that disgusting mess you call a podcast, so yes, it WAS just another plug for your show.

dougbendo wrote:
Quote :
Hosted by: dougbendo
Title: fandom get it together!
Time: 11/01/2009 11:00 PM EST
Episode Notes: This show sill deal with my responts to jt and how I feel about the mods at HG. It will also deal with the macross purist and what there problem is in the robotech fandom. And I can't leave out Viper, Seto, Protoculture, Roger, Mage and the rest of these fool that can't get off my nuts. If you guys have shit you want to say then bring your ass here and say it.
It's nice to see that while Harmony Gold has kept busy by running the Robotech franchise into the ground, some things haven't changed... dougbendo is every bit as whiny, cowardly, immature, and borderline-illiterate now he was some five years ago.

I'm about to lay down a little weapons-grade truth in this thread, so those of a sensitive constitution might want to avert their eyes.

Far from being the "voice" or "face" of the Robotech fandom, you and that pathetic excuse for a podcast you call "Robotech Fan" are nothing more than a source of constant embarrassment for the entire Robotech fanbase. On a good day, you're regarded as a bad joke. To most fans, your name is synonymous with the very worst kind of asinine fan behavior.

Yes, that disgrace you call "Robotech Fan" may have run for over 400 episodes, but it's 400 episodes of what? Juvenile name-calling and frothy-mouthed ranting from the mascot of the Robotech fanbase's lunatic fringe. What value is there in that? It's like an audiobook version of the movie Jackass. If we excluded all of the episodes that are just you badmouthing people behind their backs, you'd have what, maybe dozen episodes, most of them recent? As far as actual content goes, it's not like we can expect a lot from you. You've shown us time and time again that you know next to nothing about Robotech, its production history, and its current standing in the industry. If all we have to tune in for is foul-mouthed bitching about how people are mean to you online, why tune in at all?

By all means, you run right back to that podcast of yours, have a good long cry, and tell all five of your listeners all about how big, bad Seto and his friends are picking on you. Seems like that's all your podcast is good for. While you're wasting all that time and energy whining yourself inside-out, badmouthing us behind our backs, and trying to goad us onto your pathetic podcast because you're not man enough to debate unless you're the one setting the rules, most of us will be busy making REAL contributions to the fandom... answering questions, making fansites, writing fanfics, drawing fanart, and building the community up.

Let me tell you how it's going to be, Doug.

I am free to write what I want, when I want.

This is not going to be the same passive bullshit as poking your browser over to a podcast for the latest insignificant tidbit of news about a live-action movie that still may not happen and getting a piece of me too. I don't work that way.

I'm an active force in the fan community. If people need my help or want my input, I have no qualms about going to them.

And you know what? If they have questions, I'll give them the most complete answers I possibly can. I'll give them the answers that'll end their debates. I'll give them the answers that'll make them scratch their heads and wonder what the hell the creators were thinking. I'll give them the answers that'll make them laugh, the answers that'll make them uncomfortable, the answers that'll make them really fucking angry, and the answers that nobody else is giving them.

The one thing I won't do is bullshit them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:35 am

Well said! clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:40 am

Indeed, well said.
Back to top Go down
Aladdin Sane
micronian
Aladdin Sane

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:25 am

CAPSY MCBROKELOCK wrote:
CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG?

hurr
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:12 am

Aladdin Sane wrote:
CAPSY MCBROKELOCK wrote:
CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG?

hurr

lol, him of all people asking for everyone to get along... oh that's rich!
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:21 am

And then posting dumbass smileys when he gets called out on his assclowning ways...
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:30 am

mecha2241 wrote:
And then posting dumbass smileys when he gets called out on his assclowning ways...

He pulled that same shit when I once sent him a nasty PM where I pretty much let him have it lol. God that pissed me off frage it's like can you at least fucking say something?
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:34 am

I think he does that just to piss you off even more, just to be petty and lord his so-called power over others. It's like he' saying "yeah, I fucked you over and I don't have the respect for you to say anything else about it.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:46 am

mecha2241 wrote:
I think he does that just to piss you off even more, just to be petty and lord his so-called power over others. It's like he' saying "yeah, I fucked you over and I don't have the respect for you to say anything else about it.

Well he can kiss my ass =D
Back to top Go down
Aladdin Sane
micronian
Aladdin Sane

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:22 am

Actually thinking about it for a second, the quote I grabbed from MEMO is technically accurate to his general line of thinking. It's just that, when we all get along, we need to all be getting along with him.
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:23 am

Enjoy:

http://www.robotechx.com/forums/51-canon-fodder/6699-podcasts-that-are-beging-something-new.html?limit=10&start=90#7363
Back to top Go down
Aladdin Sane
micronian
Aladdin Sane

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:11 am

Damnit, I fed the troll. I'd resolved not to do that (hoping to avoid the temptation to do so was part of the reason I joined here and hadn't been posting on RTX or RT.com). Oh well.
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:25 am

Eh, sometimes it's fun...
Back to top Go down
Aladdin Sane
micronian
Aladdin Sane

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:32 am

Maybe, but I still prefer to avoid it. Being the "reasonable" side, I figure it's better that we don't lower ourselves to their level.

...and now I've turned it into an "us vs them" thing. Guess it can't be helped when dealing with the likes of Pizza.

It's kind of ironic that the Robotech fandom has been nothing but "civil wars" of sorts over the years, given that the SDF-1 signalled an end to all interhuman war in the Robotech universe (compared to its Macross counterpart, which instigated the Unification war).

Last edited by Aladdin Sane on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:42 am

Nice comparison!
Back to top Go down
Aladdin Sane
micronian
Aladdin Sane

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:31 pm

dougbendo wrote:
How are you a force to be reconned with? The only person who is a force in this debate or whatever you like to call it between us is me. You need all of the macross world, every banned sissy from robotech.com and the crazy fucks at HG to even begin to take me on. This isn't even a case where you can stand alone. First you got the reach around from roger. Then you got the reach around from PROTOCULTURE and viper walked in the room and dropped to his knees for you. So after getting the PUMP up from them...,ya, I guess you do have some power over something.

But just keep in mind one thing...Your ass came and kneeled be fore me! When you thought I was going to just let you smoke my cock what did I do? Oh thats right, I just smacked you across the face and pushed your fagget ass away and said "nigga I don't swing that way"! Now that you have been bannashed your all pissed off. You tried to get your fill with the macross glory wholes but you still thirst for more! So what do you do. You just sleep on my porch in the rain waiting for me to come out so you can see me. Hoping that you can get that filling from the robotech fandom that all macross cocksuckers like yourself are dieing for. The only problem is your on the wrong website for that because the robotech glory whole is only on robotech.com. There your sissy macorss ass can sample all that robotech fandom you want. And if you ask nicely you might be able to start with tommy and steve first.

Hahaha, wow. Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preserving something from RTX just in case   Preserving something from RTX just in case Empty

Back to top Go down

Preserving something from RTX just in case
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotech: The Lost Universe :: Welcome Center :: Small Talk :: P.A.H.G-
Jump to: