Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Battletech

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dread
sentinel
Dread

Battletech Empty
PostSubject: Battletech   Battletech EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 am

Battletech is a game of armored combat. It can be small unit tactics or large scale strategy. It all depends on the players involved, and just how in depth you wish to get.

Units available include:

Infantry
Scout cars
Hospital trucks
Command vans
Tanks
Mechs
Submarines
Wing in Ground Effect craft
Aero fighters
Aerospace Fighters
Dropships
Jumpships
Warships

As you can see, it is quite a diverse list. And it's only partial. There are at least four or five other unit types to be had.

The game is played on a table top, or, as the largest game I ever played was doen, on the floor of a very large room. Usually the games are over in a few hours, maybe a day. The biggest one I played took two and a half months, involved at least three fist fights among the players, and got me some of my first miniatures for free (the rules we had established were, if you took them, you kept them, if you lost them... you really lost them. These are not normal rules.)

Any way, you play with 2D6, a quick reference card for roll tables, and a tape measure for movement and shooting distances if you elect not to use the standard hex printed maps. Terrain that blocks line of sight between the models on the table blocks the possibility of direct fire. Being partially concealed behind terrain grants a cover bonus. Many things factor into each phase of the game and directly effect the other phases. Movement direction and speed, heat generation, ammo capacity, weapons' ranges, piloting and gunnery skill, armor, damage, terrain, and more.

The game is loads of fun, and among a few friends, with a few beers and pretzels, is a great way to waste a weekend.
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

Battletech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battletech   Battletech EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:18 pm

Sorry, Dread. Thought your post would be better up here.

AS far as Battletech is concerned, I agree, it's Hella fun! I used to play it years ago, and it was an excellent way to kill a day.
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

Battletech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battletech   Battletech EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:55 pm

The older designs are supposedly making a comeback. I'm looking forward to seeing them.
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

Battletech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battletech   Battletech EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Oh, hell yeah! You saw that trailer I posted on the DF site. That's the new version of the Warhammer, which was originally a Tomahawk.

I'm very impressed. I wonder what they're gonna do with things like the Marauder.

It'll be interesting, especially if they come out with a 'reboot' of the original table-top game.

Now, if they could come out with a 'Mech Commander' style RTS... hehehe
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

Battletech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battletech   Battletech EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 7:29 pm

I doubt they'll reboot the old game. I'm betting that they'll simply publish the next tech manuals with the reseen unseens in it. Possibly, it'll be a revamp of the old 3025, and updates of the later books to include the originals with updated equipment.
Back to top Go down
Last_Valk_Standing
sentinel
Last_Valk_Standing

Battletech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battletech   Battletech EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:52 pm

hmmm. never heard of it wah
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

Battletech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battletech   Battletech EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:34 pm

www.classicbattletech.com
www.lordsofthebattlefield.com
www.battletechuniverse.com
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

Battletech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battletech   Battletech EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:00 pm

In sadder news, it's been all but confirmed that the older, Classic designs such as the Warhammer, Marauder, and others are NOT going to be re-introduced.

Someone goofed in the legal department somewhere... Ultimately, we can look to HG, I think, and thank them for destroying our hopes.

It's a shame...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battletech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battletech   Battletech Empty

Back to top Go down

Battletech
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotech: The Lost Universe :: Media :: Games-
Jump to: