Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Long ass post

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Long ass post Empty
PostSubject: Long ass post   Long ass post EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:52 pm

This is a TL;DR post
so reader beware!

I hate to admit it, but the whole division of the RT fandom as a whole is actually kind of depressing. It would be nice if everyone could respect one another's opinions instead of having it turn into all this pointless drama, but sadly that's just the way it is.
if there's one thing I learned about life, it's shit happens. But HG isn't to blame for this, these people are the only ones that can be blamed, because they are the ones making the decisions, HG is not doing it for them.

Sure we can all agree that HG hasn't done the greatest job with the franchise, but that is no cause for hatred. As people we are individual, we are different races, different genders, have different facial features, so why must an opinion be any different? Alas, this is the world we live in and why humanity as a whole just plain sucks.

Myself as an individual, believes in order to make it in this world, you've got to have confidence in yourself and never let anything get to you. Sure my "I'm gone" post on RTX probably gave others the impression that I believe my artwork and writing is sucky, but that's not true. The context of those words were done in a satirical manner and nothing more. Although I'm sure some did think otherwise, but satire is hard to detect on the internet.

Carrying on, I've realized that no matter what, there's always going to be some people who will try to get to you, and the robotech fandom is no exception. These people will purposely use anything and everything to attack you. Now while I believe individuals like this are pieces of shit, I will also say that they are capable of walking away, but they choose not to.
The real reason however, lies behind their subconscious mind. Way back then I had been interested in the psychology field and would read up about all these mental issues surrounding certain people and explaining why they act the way they do. Hell even at one point I became interested in a career as a professional therapist, so I know what's going on in the minds of these people.

For the most part, they're bi-polar (so am I) They lack social needs (no friends), and they're obsessive. The obsession comes into play due to the lack of social needs, such as friends, sexual partners, having a life, etcetera. The obsession fills those empty voids to the point they become mentally dependent on it. This mentality is what leads them to attack others for having a different opinion. Because you're not just insulting what they love, you are insulting their lifestyle, so in other words you insult "the new robotech" you insult them as a whole.

So really, the whole issue behind this is because they suffer from mental disabilities, but some people have more control than others (like myself) and some have absolutely NO control, and this is when it gets out of hand shit storm
Should we feel sorry for them? No, but should we continue to sink to their level? Also no.
They lack social needs, so they crave attention be it positive or negative, and this is why they don't stop, because by interacting with you (via online) they are getting some form of gratification.

Now that's the psychological reason behind it, but we all know the best way to let it all die is not to give them what they want, but instead to take it away.
By removing myself from RTX and getting banned from RT.com , I have accomplished that.
However, I have upset one of my best friends over the matter and after learning he's been dealing with a lot worse, I do feel guilt over it.
Now does this mean I'm going to reinstate myself? No, it just means I am feeling guilt over upsetting a friend of mine, that's all.

Because of the mentality issues of (those people) I had just described, I cannot return to that website.
But I also cannot pick myself up off the ground either, because my decision only made things worse for someone else.

So it goes without saying, that I am sorry for what I've caused, but as I've said before
shit happens, but all you can do is move on.

TL;DR
baww
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com

Long ass post
Page 1 of 1