Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn, I want pineapple!

Go down 
+3
MechaGodzilla
Dread
Brian3D
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

Damn, I want pineapple! Empty
PostSubject: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 2:06 am

Some here know me from another board. I enjoy making Masters era Mecha. Thanks to JT and his protoculturetimes pod cast, I've come by to say hi! Not to mention see some great fan works!
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:32 pm

Welcome, Brian. Glad you could stop by. Why don't you hang your hat for a while?
Back to top Go down
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Thank Dread! Don't mind if I do! :-D
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 2:07 am

Brian3D wrote:
Some here know me from another board. I enjoy making Masters era Mecha. Thanks to JT and his protoculturetimes pod cast, I've come by to say hi! Not to mention see some great fan works!

hey there, welcome to our community Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Thank you happypenguins!

It's nice to be on a site were the crazy negative actions of some fans, don't happen!
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:10 am

Brian3D wrote:
Thank you happypenguins!

It's nice to be on a site were the crazy negative actions of some fans, don't happen!

no problem Grin
and yes this is an idiot free zone
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:15 am

*Wanders in, banging to frying pans together*

Speak for yourself, lady! I've got a reputation to uphold!
Back to top Go down
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 12:54 am

Viper, lol!
Hey, let me know if your cooking any omelets with those pans later! I could go for a good south western style omelet with a side of bacon, two slices of buttered toast, and a tall glass of orange juice! I'll consider home fries after all that later. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 8:59 pm

Sorry about the delay but welcome Brian to this humble site where we still believe in fandom and the adversity of opinions Smile
hope you have a great time here and look forward to chating with you sometime in the future. One quick question before I go....
do you have any kinda hobby perhaps robotech/macross related in which you can or would share here? I know HP as well as others are
always looking for some more peeps to display their passions with robotech/ macross. If not no biggie if so than gimmie gimmie lol

Back to top Go down
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 1:29 am

Iceblue, thank you; A Robotech hobby huh? mmmm, let me check, I know I have some thing..... ;-)

Damn, I want pineapple! Full1

Damn, I want pineapple! LoganPackage

Damn, I want pineapple! TriMode2

Damn, I want pineapple! BattlePods2

Damn, I want pineapple! Th_Logantest

So what do you think of my hobby?
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 2:00 am

I am Incisivis, and I approve these Regults. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 1:33 pm

I approve too!
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:23 pm

I'm sold lol! what kinda CAD program do you use?
whatever the case the results look great!
I look forward to seeing more so keep em coming!! Grin
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Oh and please call me blue lol no need for formalities Grin
Back to top Go down
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:08 pm

Lol, thanks every one!

Incisivis! I've heard JT mention you on Protoculture times! If you like my Regults, I'm honored, thank you! I still have a recon pod that I started, but it's not far enough along to post any pics.

Happy, glad you like em!

Blue, I love your hanger deck! That hanger deck is truly a work of love! The 3D program I use is Lightwave 3D for my modeling. Currently I'm working on the Garland from Megazone 23/RT the movie. I also have a tristar I modeled, and an aircraft carrier. As I get further along on my models, I'll post pics. I'v got a pre masters story that has been kicking around in my head for some time. Most of my models are related to that story, but I also prefer Masters to model from. Ever one else does either Macross or New Gen, I wanted to show some love to Masters.
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:20 am

I'm liking the Ajacs, myself. But then again, in real life, I got my start in aviation by working on helicopters...
Back to top Go down
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:31 am

Thanks Dread! How long have you worked on helicopters for?

I've worked out most of the mechanics of how the Ajacs transforms, but I'm stuck on the way the blades fold back and behind. I'm also not satisfied with the way the copter blades shaft area looks, when compared to a real copter.
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:37 am

On and off for about 8 years. I didn't do a lot with the rotor systems, mostly stuck to weapons and related systems.

However, the easiest way to fold a rotor disk up is to simply pop one of the two main-pins that holds each blade to the actual hub, and then fold the blades back. I would imagine that a powered version would incorporate some sort of short-throw push/pull rod system that would simultaneously provide positive locking when fully deployed, and be ready to do the same fully retracted.

I can see two or three powered possibilities in my head, but, since I've never worked on a powered hub, I can't swear they're even close.
Back to top Go down
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:07 am

Still sounds like it was pretty cool Dread! As for the rotor issue, you've given me more insight than I had. I go looking for pics on a powered hub, and or more indepth pics of the blade assembly.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:13 am

Look into Navy or Marine helicopters. Those are the ones most likely to have what you're looking for. Especially the Sea-Hawk, as it's one of the more current designs they're flying.

The Ajacs may be a bit larger than the Apache, but I can tell you this much. All that suspends the Apache from the rotor disk is a steel shaft about 4-6" in diameter. All the other stuff you see is for blade articulation.

Also, a little known fact about main rotor RPM... It's a lot lower than you would think. The Blackhawk and Apache only spin their main blades at 245 RPM or so, or a bit faster than one revolution per second.
Back to top Go down
madmikechoi
zentraedi spy

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:40 am

Dread wrote:
Look into Navy or Marine helicopters. Those are the ones most likely to have what you're looking for. Especially the Sea-Hawk, as it's one of the more current designs they're flying.

The S-70 is quickly becoming longish in the tooth but OTOH United Technologies love dropping in new GE engines so go figure... I have no fucking idea why the current common4 naval helo has the MH-60R monniker; why not call it the SH-60R the way God and Igor Sikorksy intended it? Ditto w/ the MV-22- ideally the M should ahve gone to the Air Farce and jarheads gotten a CV-22. Seem like the M designation applies to anything other than special operations type/weird/one off shit type platforms

They have to. NATOPS/deck operations pretty much stress making the footprint as small as possible. Hence folding blades and tail boom for the rotary side.

Quote :

Also, a little known fact about main rotor RPM... It's a lot lower than you would think. The Blackhawk and Apache only spin their main blades at 245 RPM or so, or a bit faster than one revolution per second.

Well- there's the inertia factor of spinning blades. Even so the tips of the rotors are reaching close to the speed of sound... Conventional helos are generally limited to the 200 knot region... anything faster and you have to think outside the box like tilt rotors or fans.
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:02 am

All true, Mike. I wasn't commenting on the speed of the blades for the simple reason that everyone knows they move fast enough to blur into a common disk. Most people, if asked, would claim a number that was a far higher RPM. When they realize that there is a difference between how many times a single blade goes around the disk, and how many times a blade is in the same position in the rotor path, it becomes obvious. The amazing becomes simply impressive.

The thing that is really cool about the speed of the blades, is also, on reflection the simplest to grasp. The fastest moving blades are on whatever side of the rotor disk that is advancing in the direction of movement. I knew an experienced pilot that missed that simple bit of trivia, and he didn't live it down for a while.

It's amazing how some of the most simple physical mechanics can throw people off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn, I want pineapple!   Damn, I want pineapple! Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn, I want pineapple!
Page 1 of 1