Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Royal Flush sketch & WIP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Royal Flush  sketch & WIP Empty
PostSubject: Royal Flush sketch & WIP   Royal Flush  sketch & WIP EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:09 pm

I had started working with an idea for a poster image featuring Justin church, but right now I'm still fiddling with those ideas, anyways here's the concept sketch and the current WIP

I apologize if you've seen this sketch before lol

Royal Flush  sketch & WIP RoyalFlushsketch-1

Royal Flush  sketch & WIP RoyalflushWIP

Yeah when I start painting , a lot of the characteristics of the sketch are lost because I'm forced to convert them to "Realism" and in realism you don't really have those wacky cartoony attributes and so sacrifices must be made..
however I save the wackiness for the comic and the basic cartoonish works of art.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: Royal Flush sketch & WIP   Royal Flush  sketch & WIP EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:36 pm

Realism or toonish, it's very good work!
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Royal Flush sketch & WIP   Royal Flush  sketch & WIP EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:47 am

Brian3D wrote:
Realism or toonish, it's very good work!

Thanks a lot Grin I like your CG works as well though it is something I couldn't do in a million years lol. I'd like to learn the rendering one of these days, so I salute you because I know that type of art isn't easy. With me over the years I'd just teach myself how to draw by copying images out of a magazine or drawing fanart. I know a lot by now but an art teacher once told me that its something we just keep on improving on over time, its something we never lose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: Royal Flush sketch & WIP   Royal Flush  sketch & WIP EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Your welcome Happy! I never really pursued drawing or painting, though from what I have read and been told, tracing is one of the best ways to train your hand/eye to work together for the purpose of drawing. I'd say your teacher was spot on, cause looking over your work, I'm very impressed! The fact that you say your self taught in a lot of it, is even more impressive, as self teaching takes a lot of self discipline.

As for my CG, I still consider it very crude or basic at best. I have yet to tackle textures, let alone lighting, both of which would greatly improve my models! I have the CD's and books, but I never seem to have the time to do em. For now, I just keep making my models. Hopefully once I've finished, I'll start learning the texture part!

On the note of modeling, honestly, if you can draw/paint, you could model. Modeling is basically breaking down a 3D object into it's base objects. Take a simple table by example, it's a flat square on top of four long cylinders. To make it a fancy table, just add some some bulges to the cylinders, by way of orbs, and bevel the edge of the square. Fairly simple, but the real challenge is in texturing the table to LOOK real, along with lighting and reflections.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Flush sketch & WIP   Royal Flush  sketch & WIP Empty

Back to top Go down

Royal Flush sketch & WIP
Page 1 of 1