Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This just in!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Viper
Admin
Viper

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: This just in!   This just in! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:31 pm

Well, in the "Absurd Other-Site" department... Someone on RT.com has deleted our post, titled "Sick of it?"

Not that it wasn't entirely unexpected, but one does wonder what the reason is.

COuld it be a ToU violation with the initial post, or would it be more along the lines of an attempt to quell the supposed hostility, mainly generated by Pizza the Hut?

WE just don't know. Our message has gotten out, though.

pills here
Back to top Go down

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:42 pm

ugh....srriously, the Fandom is as you said being neglected,
but ti feel your ahving said that is what got it marked, the moment any moderator sees a sign they did rong their frist object is to
1 - moderators: fix the problem,
2 - stupoderators: delete the awareness thread

and of late, most any /all RT official site mods have acted undertherstupoderator category, i'm thinking about not going there again myself, plus thef ans there are getting....jumpy....and at the slightest things....i dont wanna pick that trait up... but if i quit the official sit,e more time for here huh?
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Viper wrote:
Well, in the "Absurd Other-Site" department... Someone on RT.com has deleted our post, titled "Sick of it?"

Not that it wasn't entirely unexpected, but one does wonder what the reason is.

COuld it be a ToU violation with the initial post, or would it be more along the lines of an attempt to quell the supposed hostility, mainly generated by Pizza the Hut?

WE just don't know. Our message has gotten out, though.

pills here

I bet it was deleted by someone like Mckeever
lol wut
cause if they took action because of the flaming, then it would only get locked, but no they actually fucking deleted it mario face palm oh well like you said, at least some know of our existence, however I have a feeling we're now on the official "watch" list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Viper
Admin
Viper

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:07 pm

So what if we are? I sincerely doubt we're enough of a threat to warrent any real actions.

If we are 'on the watch list', I think it's rather flattering, to be honest. It means we're doing our job right.
Back to top Go down

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:16 pm

well lke abvoe RT and RTX have become loathe-filled places of late, now mind me, not eveyrbody is like so, but there's so few ncieguys around nowaday that it'ssoemwhat daunting to even think of posting

i wanted to post aquestion about rthe infamous unter Piaring but felt it best not to cause of the loathe levels....
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Feel free to ask your question, Adam.
Back to top Go down
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:54 pm

What did you expect? This is Robotech.com we're talking about...

That they'd delete a thread for a site where the fandom is actually allowed to express their opinions without fear of retribution is par for the course. Bullshit like that is why so many of the most active fans have left the franchise, never to return.
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/
Viper
Admin
Viper

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:18 pm

(At the risk of sounding like Treiz)

Meh... Like I said, our message is out, and I'm not too worried about it.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:18 am

Seto Kaiba wrote:
What did you expect? This is Robotech.com we're talking about...

That they'd delete a thread for a site where the fandom is actually allowed to express their opinions without fear of retribution is par for the course. Bullshit like that is why so many of the most active fans have left the franchise, never to return.

yep, we can't say shit about them or else they get :butthurt:
Back to top Go down

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Allow me to give my opinion...

ROBOTECH.COM has been corrupted by some "INSECTS" that claim to be part of the FAMDON when they are not... and is a shame to see how people like PIZZA and some others (even in the spanic side of RT.COM) have put the name of the real FAMDON to the ground...
Is a disgrace that MODS are contributing by not stoping this TROUBLEMAKERS but attacking the few good people that is left in the famdon...
ROBOTECH.COM = FACISM

shit storm
Back to top Go down
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:49 pm

http://www.robotechx.com/forums/3-robotech-live-action/4463-statement-regarding-legal-proceedings-in-japan.html?limit=10&start=60#5226

If this doesn't get deleted... here I am taking the fascist fanboys to task.
Back to top Go down
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Just in case it gets deleted...

Quote :
I know I said I was going to ignore this thread from now on, but after reading what MEMO and Pizza have been saying I feel I have something that needs saying.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:
Quote :
LETS SEE, DVD SOLD GREAT, FOLLOWED BY HDDVD AND NOW BLUERAY.. ADD THE INTERNET DOWNLOAD AND YOU PRETTY MUCH SOLD 3 TIMES AS MUCH MORE THAN WHAT YOU FIRST STARTED OFF WITH WITH MAKING THE FIRST MOVIE..

NO MATTER YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS FOR THE SHADOW CHRONICLES YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IS SELLING.
Oh, there's no doubt that Shadow Chronicles is selling... how well it's actually selling is another matter entirely.

To date, all Harmony Gold has said on the matter are weasel words like "going gangbusters" and vague remarks like "it's selling great", which don't actually tell us anything. The Harmony Gold definition of "successful" is not necessarily the same definition used by FUNimation, or any other anime distributor. The logical assumption is that since Harmony Gold is a fairly small production company, and the movie had a very small budget (less than $1 million according to Tommy) that the bar was set pretty low.

Of course, there is a practical upshot to this as well... that sales of the movie were more than enough to earn back the initial investment (however many sales there actually were) means that they made a decent profit from the movie and will be more willing to spend more on future projects, which bodes well for the visual quality if nothing else.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:
Quote :
BUT THERE ARE OTHERS WHO KNOW THINGS TAKE TIME. ESPECIALLY PRODUCTION IN A RLAM. I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCEPT OF MAKING A MOVIE AND WHAT IT TAKES IS MAYBE UNKNOWN TO YOU, BUT THOSE THAT HAVE HANGED AROUND AND SEEN AND FOLLOWED PRODUCTION WORK OF OTHER MOVIES THEN ONE KNOWS THE TIME IT TAKES TO MAKE A GOOD THING.
I think what Viper is getting at here is that if Harmony Gold wants the fans to understand that the live-action movie is not looming large on the horizon just yet, they shouldn't be hyping the damn thing like it's coming out next week.

Every minor change to the pre-production crew doesn't need to be front-page news.

I have no problem waiting... I'm a fundamentally patient man. But I'm not expecting great things, and I think it's just stupid for some people (like those indirectly identified by Kevin) to be trumpeting that the live action Robotech movie is going to dethrone Star Wars as the dominant American sci-fi franchise before they've even got a script.

Pizza the Hutt wrote:
Quote :
Oh Viper,Lets see what you spit at us true fans now: [...]
We all can see thru your farse with Robotech fandom.You claim to be a Robotech fan but use the macross fan war tone to support your points.For if you were a true fan then you would read deeper and see that nothing bad is happening for Robotech.
If being a "true fan" means I have to shut off all common sense and mindlessly accepting the double-talk and weasel words used by Harmony Gold's staff as the absolute truth, then count me out.

That people have criticisms about Harmony Gold's handling of the franchise and the direction they've chosen for its future does not mean they aren't fans. To put it bluntly, if they weren't fans, they wouldn't give a shit about what Harmony Gold does with the Robotech franchise. That they care enough to criticize decisions they feel aren't right for Robotech means they, not sycophants like you, are the true fans. They want to see Robotech to grow and improve... for each new series to be better than the one before. Discourse like that is the heart and soul of a big fandom like Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, or Macross.

If "fans" like you and sanman get their way, the only thing that'll be left of Robotech is a small collection of suck-ups agreeing with each other day in and day out and praising Harmony Gold every decade or so when they turn out another mediocre movie.

That you waste time trying to portray every criticism of Robotech and Harmony Gold as the work of "Macross purists" is just an embarrassment to your fellow fans. 99% of the Macross fan community doesn't give a toss about what Robotech fans do. Many of them were introduced to Macross through Robotech. You're trying to conjure up an enemy where none exists, and making a fool of yourself in the process. I would think as a Texan you'd have learned from the mistakes of the Bush administration. Razz
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Well, I just got a PM from MEMO, on RTX, that he was the one that took down my original post. ("Sick of it?" on RT.com)
No explanation as to why.

Huh... There's no real mystery, though. Pizza's ugliness in that thread was the stuff of legend.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:00 pm

Viper wrote:
Well, I just got a PM from MEMO, on RTX, that he was the one that took down my original post. ("Sick of it?" on RT.com)
No explanation as to why.

Huh... There's no real mystery, though. Pizza's ugliness in that thread was the stuff of legend.

I got a PM too 🐰
he said there was too much fighting going on
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:02 pm

To be honest, I'm almost thinking it would've been better if he'd have locked it, as opposed to deleting it...

That way, people would've seen what was said.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:12 pm

don't worry bb I'm gonna repost it soon Wink
Back to top Go down

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:14 pm

happypenguins wrote:
don't worry bb I'm gonna repost it soon Wink

If you need back up... let me know... I don't have nothing to lose overthere.... :attack:
Back to top Go down

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 11:16 pm

!!!!!!!!!!

SO MEMO... ARE WE DELETING "FUZZY" POSTS!!!

Quote :
Besides I am too successful to pick up a woman from the web.(that is if you are real woman,you know what they say "the internet,where men are men,women are men and the children are the F.B.I) and I want someone who does not spend 18 hours on a computer,that is an indication of no ambitions in life and yet crave attention.

what about this one?... this is direct attack!!!... and the worst of all... by a nobody who claims to be a FAN?...

Hey COOKIE MONSTER!!! you just gain a very powerful oponent today... allow me to introduce myself... I'm WDKaiserV1 and from now on... your worst nightmare...
This just in! Wink
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 11:18 pm

WDKaiserV1 wrote:
!!!!!!!!!!

SO MEMO... ARE WE DELETING "FUZZY" POSTS!!!

Quote :
Besides I am too successful to pick up a woman from the web.(that is if you are real woman,you know what they say "the internet,where men are men,women are men and the children are the F.B.I) and I want someone who does not spend 18 hours on a computer,that is an indication of no ambitions in life and yet crave attention.

what about this one?... this is direct attack!!!... and the worst of all... by a nobody who claims to be a FAN?...

Hey COOKIE MONSTER!!! you just gain a very powerful oponent today... allow me to introduce myself... I'm WDKaiserV1 and from now on... your worst nightmare...
This just in! Wink

LOL too bad all the posts are being deleted woosh
Back to top Go down
NinjaSMS

NinjaSMS

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 12:36 am

Seto Kaiba wrote:
http://www.robotechx.com/forums/3-robotech-live-action/4463-statement-regarding-legal-proceedings-in-japan.html?limit=10&start=60#5226

If this doesn't get deleted... here I am taking the fascist fanboys to task.

I've read this line before "taking the fascist fanboys to task" in one of the Macrossworld threads. I'm curious as to what it means? Who are the "fascist fanboys" exactly?
Back to top Go down
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:05 pm

NinjaSMS wrote:
I've read this line before "taking the fascist fanboys to task" in one of the Macrossworld threads. I'm curious as to what it means? Who are the "fascist fanboys" exactly?
I would think, given recent events on RobotechX and the content of my post, that you should be able to figure that out on your own. But if you really do need it explained to you, I won't leave you hanging.

The so-called "fascist fanboys" are the Robotech fans who, for whatever reason, attack anyone and everyone who criticizes Robotech or Harmony Gold... no matter how legitimate those criticisms might be. They're the goose-stepping morons who think that anything that doesn't line up with their deluded little fantasy that Robotech is wildly successful, popular, and perfect in every way is just Macross purists trolling the "real fans". They're the imbeciles who swallow all the Harmony Gold obvious lies, bullshit, and spin and regurgitate it ad nauseam while sucking up to moderators and Harmony Gold staffers. They're the fans whose devotion to the franchise eclipsed their common sense during their long wait for a real Robotech sequel that rather than accept the simple fact that Shadow Chronicles, the movie they'd waited so long for, was nothing more than a low-budget, amateurish fan-wank that most of the world ignored, they convinced themselves that it was an instant best-seller that revolutionized the anime industry.

In short, people like Pizza the Hutt and sanman.
Back to top Go down

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 1:19 am

Facists huh? well, let me see if i can explain easier

they take whateverbull they are tld by the porducer, be it a cop-out or actually truth because the simly believe the show they like is perfect in every way, regardless

---hey Seto, is that what you mean?

if so one liner is:
They look at what the producing company says and roll with it blindly...no matter how true.

but, i wanna impose a question:
what of true fans?

my point is hard to explain in one psot withoutinterjection, so i'll just say it:
a true fan, like us, i pray, hears waht is sad, find the truth amidst the lies, believes it but continues with their now imperfected fave show...

---i know that point is me, cause i hate what RT has become, i really do, the RT that hooked me on anime has degenerated by foul lay between writer and reader, at writer's hands, but, still, i am a fan, even though its become not what it used to be, i'm a fan now, because i was a fan then, and i keep to what i start

i hope that relaysmy point of view on this, but to try one last shortening:
I liked it then, and was a fan, now, i hate it's resovle but am still a fan

yeah ican be hard to read smetimes,might be in partly due to my autism
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 am

Adam, speaking as a fellow autistic, lket me tell you something: There's nothing wrong with it.

It's simply a differrent way of thinking.

It's not something I 'have', as in a kind of disease or syndrome. It's something that makes me who I am.

Be proud of it, man.
Back to top Go down

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:17 am

Viper wrote:
Adam, speaking as a fellow autistic, let me tell you something: There's nothing wrong with it.

It's simply a differrent way of thinking.

It's not something I 'have', as in a kind of disease or syndrome. It's something that makes me who I am.

Be proud of it, man.
Viper, you misread me, and long post firends,

i feel you misread cause i'm sure our forms of autism are dfferent, if not, then we got raised slightly different, and believe you me, i am darn proud to be a member of the lords army that has autism

as for my form, i have High-Functioning Aspergers' Syndrome of Autism Spectrum Disorders(aka HFAS), my symptoms include: Voice inflection, repetitive speech, seeable in all my posts, random here-and-there ticks (due to it's mildness) and inability to explain myself and action thereof fluently ad effectively primarily due to semi-anti-social reasons which are given by the autism itself

yeah, i did a Senior English paper on it, titled "Gift of curse" and i proved it was a gift

my basic paragraphs desribes the limits and unlimits the symptoms imply, the reason why isay such limits and unlimits are a gift and then a thrid paragraph to try and play nuetrality

if i rememebr what isaid exactly,

in my paper for snr eng wrote:

While the symptoms do limit the afflcited person physically and somewhat mentally, the deepend mind and intellegence factors greatly outweigh the limits imposed. Such depth allows for great creativity and unique artistic abilty while only limiting the body in basic, easy-to-do things, and unlimting it to highly comlex things.

so me, limited by my Auty? nah, much te oposite: i am empowered by it

I'm proud to say, i am an Autistic, Devouted Chirstian, who will one day marry and have kids

---as with any man, i am uncertain how i will react if sad kids have my autism, and to add pain to ponder, men transfer autism genetically, women dont

Squall leonheart = FF, my exact autism (HFAS)

to be honest, i'm tyring to find an excuse to say good ole Max Sterling as it, i mean, would you be able to fly like that in normal mental capacity? and all the while, not be able to explain yourself at all? seriously look at his actions...i have a point...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This just in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This just in!   This just in! Empty

Back to top Go down

This just in!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotech: The Lost Universe :: Welcome Center :: Announcements-
Jump to: