Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...

Go down 
+3
Viper
MechaGodzilla
Basara549
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... Empty
PostSubject: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:25 am

For relative values of sane, that is...

Some of you already know me, as the owner of the Disciples of Zor webring, Fanfic author, longtime Robotech internet veteran ( I was on the old Dave Dietrich gatech.edu Robotech Mailing List! That's how long...), and former admin of another Robotech board, before the absentee owner returned, having somehow changed from rabid Yune-hater to Tommy's sex slave while gone, and removed my admin status for routinely showing how things couldn't work in the current bullsh- I mean official timeline, and he kept trying to insist my arguments were wrong by providing evidence that CONFIRMED my positions, while claiming the opposite.

I'm a rare breed... Southern Cross fan, and able to appreciate both Macross and Robotech without invoking one when talking about the other (well, except to show where trying to shoehorn the Macross timeline into Robotech JUST DOESN'T WORK). I actually HATE Basara, but it was the only Macross/Robotech handle not already nickserved on the old #Robotech IRC channel, and I ended up getting stuck with it.

I play Ultima Online (Lake Austin shard, and a proud moderator and content writer for Stratics) and a couple Facebook games (Mafia Wars & Mobsters 2 - feel free to add me), when not typing my fanfic.

My fanfiction includes one that took TWENTY YEARS to type after the original version was handwritten (The Freeman Chronicles - its typed version, printed, is about 6 inches thick, on single-sided, single-spaced 10-point font pages, and had significant edits and additions as I typed), and several stand-alone fics (some need rewrites, but new stuff has priority). The better stand-alone ones include "The Last Unicorn" and "The Andrews Incident", the latter being my taking a Megazone 23 script, and the various subs and dubs, plus Robotech: The Untold Story, and rewriting TUS in such a way it not only keeps the Megazone 23 footage intact and in the original order, also makes it fit into Robotech continuity (of course, I got rid of most of the SDC:SC footage added into TUS, but kept the parts of the movie animated specifically for TUS). I actually had some people wanting to fan-dub the movie as I had it rewritten it, but they vanished on me after not being able to get a cast together.
Back to top Go down
http://home.kih.net/~sbundy/
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:33 am

Oh, and my latest project in progress are the bridging stories between The Freeman Chronicles and its sequels - Let's just say that in terms of wierd relationships, these stories can get rather disturbing for those of a more conventional mindset - as in, Heinlein's "Time Enough for Love" and later books, kinds of bent - and then some.

Note that The Freeman Chronicles effectively were started as the Anti-EotC, where a character is born into a Robotech alternate timeline as the desperate ploy of someone to stop Haydon - with rather interesting results.
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:45 am

Oops - I almost forgot - I'm one of the few people to actually get something for Robotech printed - I did the ABP-Z4 mecha for the original Robotech RPG, that was in The Rifter #5. Still have a bunch of game stuff up on my site that really needs some tweaking, but I''m afraid to anger the gods of Palladium (or at least, their lawyers) by doing the updates there.

If and when I get the new RPG (money's been tight last year or so), I'll start doing updates here.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:57 am

Sane? lol Well compared to the rest of the fandom, yes Wink but other than that we're pretty crazy people especially those of us who are also authors and artists, but that comes with the territory right? Having a wild imagination can do that to a person....

Anyways welcome to our little humble abode, looking over your introduction post it seems you've had quite the history in the robotech fandom. Some of us (including myself) are still kind of new to it, I didn't discover RT till '97 and to me it was the most awesome thing I had ever seen. I only discovered Robotech.com much later and even then I was just a lurker so I was oblivious to all the calamity and drama, but then I started becoming buddy buddy with MedMapGuy and when he got banned I questioned the reason then lo and behold I discovered how messed up that site and its people really are.

Ever since then it's been rocky sailing and I've also seen a lot of crap go down. Especially concerning all the continuity changes that took place in the "official timeline". The novels and comics are no longer canon yet the yunes felt free enough to steal ideas from those sources. (hypocrites!)

You mentioned a friend of yours went from being anti HG to Yunes sex slave (shudder) by any chance could tell me who it was? I'm just curious to know that is all.

Also feel free to post any projects or fanfics here, and if any of your projects are large enough either myself or one of the admins here can give you your own section of the forum.

Anyways we all welcome you to the site Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:01 am

Lisa boobies?!?

Isn't that a violation of the ToU for this site???

Oh, hell... Wait a minute...

We haven't got one... at least not one as bad as RT.com...
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:04 am

Figuratively speaking of course - wasn't literal...

He went from being very anti-HG before he went AWOL for several years, to where Tommy could do no wrong, and had fully drank the HG kool-aid. The "sex slave" means i.e. he was bending over backward and into all kinds of poses to try to slap down anyone who tried to argue the point that the current HG timeline was NOT the pre-2000 timeline for the series - especially since the bonus DVDs from the boxed sets (same DVDs from both collections) directly contradicted everything Tommy-boy and the Steve-ster said.
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 am

Viper, do you recognize the source of that screengrab?
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:06 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:18 am

let's see if I can pull up the original pic, before it was cropped.

Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... Secret

This is from the Superdimension series NOT in Robotech - though there were rumors that Macek wanted to include it as part of Robotech III.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 am

Basara549 wrote:
let's see if I can pull up the original pic, before it was cropped.

Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... Secret

This is from the Superdimension series NOT in Robotech - though there were rumors that Macek wanted to include it as part of Robotech III.

which macross episode is it originally from?
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:24 am

It's from one of the Orguss episodes - a 1-frame easter egg in one of the episodes. That's stuck into one of the Chiram mecha interior cockpit scenes...
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:29 am

Basara549 wrote:
It's from one of the Orguss episodes - a 1-frame easter egg in one of the episodes. That's stuck into one of the Chiram mecha interior cockpit scenes...

that's cool, and makes since since mikimoto did the orguss character designs too. I also heard orguss was going to be part of robotech at one point, what changed this do you know?
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:32 am

A couple of the Orguss episodes show a crate in storage labeled Valkyrie VF-1 (can't remember if it was an A or J model), another battlefield they were salvaging was littered with destroid parts, and there was also one scene where one of the Emaan twins (the one with poofy hair) got accidentally colored with Jeanne's/Dana's hair color, because Southern Cross was in production by that time, and the colorist was probably shuttling between the two sides of the studio, and grabbed the wrong color set (and when they saw poofy hair, immediately thought of Jeanne)...

Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... Leigh-blonde
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:35 am

Well, Orguss wasn't in the original series package Macek acquired, and if it was going to be used, it was going to be as part of the series that came AFTER Sentinels.

Macek stated something to this effect, then started denying he ever said it a few months later.

Much how like he was originally saying that Roy Hunter would become Zor, then backtracked and started giving the TEotC origin for Zor, after that book was about to be published, claiming he never said the first part (though he did crytically add that we would have seen Rick & Lisa's children (plural) in Robotech III or Robotech IV).
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:42 am

Basara549 wrote:
Well, Orguss wasn't in the original series package Macek acquired, and if it was going to be used, it was going to be as part of the series that came AFTER Sentinels.

Macek stated something to this effect, then started denying he ever said it a few months later.

Much how like he was originally saying that Roy Hunter would become Zor, then backtracked and started giving the TEotC origin for Zor, after that book was about to be published, claiming he never said the first part (though he did crytically add that we would have seen Rick & Lisa's children (plural) in Robotech III or Robotech IV).

ah I see, well it would of made more sense if it came after the sentinels however I was surprised to see the similar comparisons of the character uniforms in orguss and those in the sentinels. Perhaps including orguss was solid at the time which is why they made the designs similar or it was purely coincidental.
Back to top Go down
khoroshen
zentraedi
khoroshen

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:33 pm

It was a VF-1J on the create! Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... 5821

Welcome Basara549!!!!
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:47 pm

BTW, I posted most of my stand-alone fanfic (minus those that need serious rewriting), and even two of the side stories to my main fic, that can stand alone fairly well.

One of them, "Songbird", I actually wrote as an EMAIL in a single sitting, totally off the cuff with no drafts, on a VAX terminal in 1995 or 1996, though I have cleaned it up slightly since that original posting (fixed song lyrics, etc.).
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 2:53 pm

Well, you'd be relieved to know that I'm not insane, just boring.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. I've actually read some of your posts on the DoZ board (back when I was looking for something, anything talking about Robotech in these modern times), and though, "Damn, I wish more people posted like that."

Your fanfic also seems interesting...I like the idea of your incorporating some elements from older Robotech material into something new. I haven't yet been able to break out of my shell and create my own standalone thing, and probably won't but...I appreciate the efforts other fans are making.

For what it's worth, I recognized your naked!Misa!cameo from Orguss, though just as a piece of trivia since I haven't yet seen Orguss.

Me? I am what is not supposed to exist. Looking at my resume you'd think I wouldn't have anything to do with Robotech, since I'm a Zentraedi geek at heart, and that means Macross alone, not to mention I've been playing with "real" anime for well nigh ten years, but I've got my reasons.
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:24 pm

Did you read "Confessions" yet?
Back to top Go down
mage
mage

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:33 pm

Basara549 wrote:
i shat brix

Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... Lol_in10
Back to top Go down
Sentinel

Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:56 am

happypenguins wrote:
You mentioned a friend of yours went from being anti HG to Yunes sex slave (shudder) by any chance could tell me who it was? I'm just curious to know that is all.
With all due respect to the original poster's intent and similarly due ire toward the target, I'm thinking that the fan-in-question is CavScout.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...   Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone... Nice to see a sane forum...
Page 1 of 1