Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harmony Gold's #1 "spokesperson" chimes in

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zen72
Zen72

Harmony Gold's #1 "spokesperson" chimes in Empty
PostSubject: Harmony Gold's #1 "spokesperson" chimes in   Harmony Gold's #1 "spokesperson" chimes in EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:31 pm

From Robotech.com ---(http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=1891046&forumid=31&pagenumber=Cool

Everyone's favorite Robotech news source, Kevin "Can't" Mckeever posts about the frustation fans feel for the lack of updates about either the LAM or Shadow rising....I think.... confused

He posts the following;

As for the frustration I will repeat what I said earlier in this thread…

What people are forgetting is that everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a “status updates”. Some of the people who are online Robotech.com everyday feel what I’m doing right now is perfectly fine, still others in that group feel that you need to full article with pictures every week, still others in that same group feel a single images every day and a “production diary” (are you feeling the disdain I have for them yet?) every 2 days starting at least 15 months in advance of the release date along with nightly online chats by the director is the bare minimum. While the general audience (the audience who’s spending decides if your film will be successful or not and is NOT on Robotech.com every day) really doesn’t care as all you have to do is say “the film is due out on _____” and they’re happy.

I haven’t even talked about the people who come on to robotech.com on a semi-regular basis, or fans who simply do not visit the site much.

Also nearly all companies are quiet when they are in development. Since they know spending money to make marketing materials when you have nothing new to say is not a good investment.

We were silent throughout the first half of 2006 and our critics all came on to Robotech.com all screaming that Robotech was doomed. Yet look at what happened to Robotech in the past 36 months.

We did a successful film festival tour, two successful theatrical runs (one small the other large), three successful DVD releases, successful relaunch of merchandise and having some of the best talent in Hollywood working together on a big-budget live action Robotech movie.

I will also add that the people here on Robotech.com forums are a very small segment of the fandom. You would be shocked to see how much of the “old information” will be brand new to so many fans.

Is it frustrating from your position? Yes. However, the wait is going to be worth it.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Ummm...ok...there are so many ways to comment about this...just don't have the time right now...but I put it up here for the enjoyment and for the comments of all. I'm sure there are a few out there that would have some interesting rebuttals for Mr "Can't"

Zen72----JT
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Harmony Gold's #1 "spokesperson" chimes in   Harmony Gold's #1 "spokesperson" chimes in EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 6:46 pm

Quote :

What people are forgetting is that everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a “status updates”. Some of the people who are online Robotech.com everyday feel what I’m doing right now is perfectly fine

that's not very many, when you actually think about it, perhaps they just don't give a fuck?

Quote :
still others in that group feel that you need to full article with pictures every week, still others in that same group feel a single images every day and a “production diary” (are you feeling the disdain I have for them yet?) every 2 days starting at least 15 months in advance of the release date along with nightly online chats by the director is the bare minimum

No we don't need articles every fucking day but just giving the fans the "status" of the projects would be good enough don't you think? Instead of saying derp I CANT TALK BOUT IT I CANT SAY NUTHIN AT ALL OR HG WILL FIRE MAH ASS LOLZ

Quote :
. While the general audience (the audience who’s spending decides if your film will be successful or not and is NOT on Robotech.com every day) really doesn’t care as all you have to do is say “the film is due out on _____” and they’re happy.
Because it's a given that the robotech LAM cannot use the macross designs and thus will be a failure because of that.
The fans want to see their favorite characters and mecha on the big screen, they don't give a fuck about re-imagined bullshit.

Quote :
I haven’t even talked about the people who come on to robotech.com on a semi-regular basis, or fans who simply do not visit the site much.
Because the site has AIDS

Quote :
Also nearly all companies are quiet when they are in development. Since they know spending money to make marketing materials when you have nothing new to say is not a good investment.
They're only quiet if they don't have shit at all to talk about, or their projects are DEAD
Quote :
We were silent throughout the first half of 2006 and our critics all came on to Robotech.com all screaming that Robotech was doomed. Yet look at what happened to Robotech in the past 36 months.
LOL WUT? Look at Robotech? What exactly has changed? If I recall TSC has been a failure, hence why it's now in BARGAIN BINS and on HULU cause no one wants to pay for that shit anymore.

Quote :
We did a successful film festival tour, two successful theatrical runs (one small the other large), three successful DVD releases, successful relaunch of merchandise and having some of the best talent in Hollywood working together on a big-budget live action Robotech movie.
define successful? sans the brainwashed fans... oh wait! Those are the only types of fans who do like TSC how could I forget?
And the live action movie that will either flop or never see the light of day.... I'm leaning towards the last choice, seems more plausible given the lack of status updates, including the facts that they havent even finished the script and its damn near 2010 when the movie was announced in 2007.
Don't even get me started on SR, fuck that piece of shit I'll burn it LOL

Quote :
I will also add that the people here on Robotech.com forums are a very small segment of the fandom. You would be shocked to see how much of the “old information” will be brand new to so many fans.
Uh wut? Most of your fans are on that forum, and those who arent don't want anything to do with your shitty merchandise or TSC. WOW proof that HG is completely unaware of how big their fan base actually is!

Quote :
Is it frustrating from your position? Yes. However, the wait is going to be worth it.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Is the wait going to be worth it? FUCK NO! Was the wait worth it when we got TSC? The fuck it wasnt! So how is this going to be any different? Oh that's right it's not!
I've read the script for Shadow Rising and I can safely say I'd rather eat my own shit than watch that garbage... too extreme? tehe Seriously, I want those minutes back I wasted reading that shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Harmony Gold's #1 "spokesperson" chimes in   Harmony Gold's #1 "spokesperson" chimes in EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:58 pm

Damn... Kevie's on a roll with this one!

How many different ways can a person say "I'm not allowed to say anything"? I think Kevie's set a new world's record!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harmony Gold's #1 "spokesperson" chimes in   Harmony Gold's #1 "spokesperson" chimes in Empty

Back to top Go down

Harmony Gold's #1 "spokesperson" chimes in
Page 1 of 1