Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Thoughts 11/11/09...As if Kevin Mckeever talking wasn't bad enough!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zen72
Zen72

Random Thoughts 11/11/09...As if Kevin Mckeever talking wasn't bad enough! Empty
PostSubject: Random Thoughts 11/11/09...As if Kevin Mckeever talking wasn't bad enough!   Random Thoughts 11/11/09...As if Kevin Mckeever talking wasn't bad enough! EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Hi everyone! I wanted to post here one of my Random Thoughts as this site, while not a church, is holy ground for me as the place where I first announced this podcast. I will always be grateful for that.

So here we go...

I'm a fan of Robotech, I enjoy the story it tells, realize that the road in its history as a franchise has not always been the smoothest, believe that fans, including yours truly can be critical of it, yet still love it, and I NEVER try to kid myself that it is more than what it actually is...

That's why I have a hard time digesting what I read just recently....

A little background; Over at Robotech.com (yeah I know, where ELSE could've this originated from!) a poster asked for specific figures when it came to the budget of The Shadow Chronicles and how many DVD units it has sold to date.

Now the poster was met with the usual responses from the moderator. In summary, Harmony Gold doesn't release those figures to the public and quite possibly isn't allowed to do so because of the current pre production of the Live Action Movie. Even Kevin Mckeever offered up a brief response, nothing revealing of course, didn't use the word CAN'T though. (LOL!)

Seems pretty much business as usual...

Then one Maverick_LSC, Robotech's FACEPALM king, decides to add the following to one of his responses in which he says;

"IMHO I would look at the impact that Paramounts' Transformers had on the movie industry with Paramount and Warner Brothers being direct competitors to one another as to the indication of Robotech's popularity and possible fan size. I think Warner Brothers' choice to counter Transformers with Robotech is a wise move.

And personally I think Paramount realizes this, if you look at the quality of the second Transformers movie which seemed to suffer from a 'rushed' production cycle and that i'm certain is possibly due to fearing the impact that Warner Brothers' Robotech movie would have on their sales figures.

Also what movie would you choose to watch these days, one that is focused on robots that every five minutes have to smash something to wow the crowds with toned down violence and silly plots or the other, one that has a sci-fi setting is deep and complex with a rich universe on par with that of Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica that is focused on emotional and intriguing human stories.

I'm betting that Paramount is quaking in their boots, knowing the potential that Robotech has in making a robot genre that can be critical in telling stories involving emotional human drama. It's why Paramount is trying to turn as many of these Transformers movies out they can before they make their new focus on the Star Trek sequels when the Robotech live action movie comes out.

If Battlestar Galactica, District 9 and JJ Abrams Star Trek are any indicators, people want Space Operas. And for a live action robot sci-fi genre Robotech WILL have the upper hand over Transformers.

Yes, it's quiet now, but we'll have alot to say in the future."

Oh boy....(sigh and shake my head).....Where to begin? ok let's try to be objective with these statements JT...

IMHO= In My Honest Opinion....so when it's YOUR honest opinion, it is a valid one. However when others have presented you with their honest opinions about your damned Macross rights, sometimes with some extensive research of their own, they are deserving to be silenced because you feel they enjoy the "suffering of others" (I'll never get where you got that one....)

Double standard, thy name is....

Paramount is possibly fearing Warner Brother's Robotech Movie impact?
Have you noticed, Transformers has a two movie lead on Robotech? And what's sad, if anybody made a similar opinion saying the exact opposite on the forums you "proudly" moderate...banhammer time!

Double standard again, thy name is.....

And I love Robotech, but to put it up to par with franchises like Star Trek and BSG? Franchises where the parent companies have made a solid effort to promote, expand, on and off screen. Harmony Gold has had almost 25 years to do that and all it resulted was in The Shadow Chronicles? Please!!!!!!!!!....(and I don't count the Live Action Movie as a result because it's not even moved past preproduction.) I do believe when one looks good at it, Robotech is a compelling story, but don't inflate it into something that it hasn't achieved like other franchises, some of which have been in existence less time and have a bigger following. That's insulting to the fandom.

You're betting Paramount is quaking in their boots? Once again with the fantasy scenarios. You think Paramount with movie franchises like Transformers AND Star Trek at hand to promote they are really going to be concerned with a "concept" in preproduction? Something straight from the heart to you Mav....You make a better moderator than a bookie. ...OH BUT WAIT!.....You're being SERIOUS!... double face palm

Here's a bet for you. Harmony Gold has put all their eggs in the Warner Brothers basket in the hopes of a Live Action Movie. If it's shelved that means they are back to the drawing board on priomoting the franchise and we've seen what they can do in 20 plus years. Well...at least there's your Shadow Chronicles. (I don't include the original 85 as it seems HG has shelved that which is sad.) Of course your "bets" should be taken as gospel, being an HG acolyte and all. Anything to the contrary....well we know what happens...must cause you some sort of suffering....QUAKING IN THEIR BOOTS?...And you're trying to feed this line to the Robotech fandom? You've got to be shitting me!

face palm face palm face palm face palm face palm face palm face palm face palm ....this is giving me a headache!

Robotech WILL have the upper hand on Transformers? Bold statement. Can it happen? I don't know. I'm still iffy on that it even makes it past pre production. I could be wrong and hopefully if a movie comes out, it lives up to the tradition of Robotech. But once again Maverick, it's just your opinion. Amazing you haven't been banned yet from Robotech.com for stating them. Some would actually say it's a shame you haven't. But I digress....

We'll have a lot to say in the future?..... We? Damn! Sucking up, zero tolerance to adverse opinions that cause you "suffering", and using legitmate diseases as weapons against fans must've sure slotted you into the constellations of the "know" over at Harmony Gold. Sure didn't give you the knowledge to think before you open your mouth.

And for anyone reading, the reason I write as though I am addressing Mr Mav. It's because I know he visits, (some would say "spies") my website and more than likely this one and to boot....downloads my podcast.... he sure must love that "The Robotech Word of the Show" segment....

I would love to see the franchise succeed on the merits, problem is with current management, they are hard to come by! I don't know the workings of Hollywood and right now the fandom is asked to take up a culture of wait and see, with the Live Action Movie. But to make the preposterous statements like the ones quoted above is ignorant, and at the same time not being able to handle if a Robotech fan "dares" present a counterpoint is very hypocritical...but look who I am talking about here? First your OCD statements, now this. What "message" will you have next for the fandom? Here's something hard pressed to say.... I think Kevin surpasses you by miles in quality of his "statements" (Yep fan's its come down to that.....LOL!)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, (though Mav thinks he is entitled that his be taken as gospel). And that opinion may have their supporters, but it will have its detractors. I just gave you an example of a detractor.

Please stick to moderating Mav and quit trying to pass the Kool-aid around to a fandom you think that you are "better than". Incredibly, it makes you look less foolish...

Oh yeah..... face palm..

PEACE!

-Zen72- JT
Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts 11/11/09...As if Kevin Mckeever talking wasn't bad enough!
Page 1 of 1