Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Art; Love Story & Prophecy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

New Art; Love Story & Prophecy Empty
PostSubject: New Art; Love Story & Prophecy   New Art; Love Story & Prophecy EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 7:32 am

Been busy with work, so making time for artwork and my project in general has been a pain but thank god for skipping on sleep eh? lol nah I nap enough I think

anyways here's a new work of art titled "Love Story"
I realized I didn't have any works featuring William and Victoria together
and I had been wanting to do one for the longest time

here's the preview sketch

New Art; Love Story & Prophecy Preview002

and the here's the final results
*note* before I painted this, I actually went over and made some changes to the sketch lol
I do this often, especially if something just looks off to me.
New Art; Love Story & Prophecy Lovestory I used an old book texture for the background to try and give it a scrap book sorta of feel. The portrait was originally in color but after doing a lot of thinking, I decided to go with sepia instead.
The rose petals are there for a special effect and also because roses are a symbolic representation of their relationship, being that William used to be her secret admirer and all, and would leave roses anonymously.
I wanted to depict them in a romantic type of setting, and I think I've done so here
can't get anymore romantic than vintage right?

Next work of art, and my most recent project
New Art; Love Story & Prophecy Prophecy
is titled "prophecy" I had been wanting to do some new artwork featuring the Zyrian trio but I just wasnt sure what I wanted at first. But lucky enough inspiration struck and I got some good ideas, and also just had to get my digital painting fill for the time being hehe.

This artwork features the trio, but with their Egyptian god alias parts. In their background history they were regarded as "gods" when they came to earth, and each one was associated with already existing gods based on who they were as individuals.

Arzel's alias is the goddess of war "Sekhmet"
which means "powerful one". Despite there is strong sexism amongst the race
she is a very strong and powerful female. She's not afraid of Zoal, and would gladly
fight him if given the opportunity.

Next Bhor's alias is Anubis, "God of the Dead" Which is fitting because he is a priest type figure.

and last but not least, Zoal's alias is Horus. "The one above all"
sure enough he was viewed in such a way when he and his people first came to earth
but his brother was regarded as Ra, god of the sun. He was the most important god to the ancient Egyptians and that's what Krotez became.

I had fun with this one, customizing my own brushes and textures, which I do occasionally
I actually painted each one as an individual file, but grouped them together for this poster image. I may post the individual works if there is enough interest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: New Art; Love Story & Prophecy   New Art; Love Story & Prophecy EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 7:57 am

Absolutely stunning HP!!! The vintage feel was defiantly the way to go and the rose petal idea was a success!! I really like the feel of the old book/scrap book look, rather impressing as always. I was curious as to the source of the poem / script. It reminds me of something I have read in the past but I cant quite put my finger on it. Ah well regardless It is an amazing piece. Also the explanation of the Zyrians was both informative and really helped to capture the artwork. Keep up the great work and thanks for providing some eye candy to sooth the T.E.S (twitchy eye syndrome) im twitching
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: New Art; Love Story & Prophecy   New Art; Love Story & Prophecy EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 8:12 am

Thank you very much Grin glad you like em
I had fun working on these, it's just so hard to make time for
it lol, I'm used to sitting and painting for hours
now I'm taking more breaks because of my two jobs
also yes that is a classic "love" poem the name of the author is on the tip of my tongue
but damn I can't think of it *brain fart*

anyways thanks again! im blushing
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Art; Love Story & Prophecy   New Art; Love Story & Prophecy Empty

Back to top Go down

New Art; Love Story & Prophecy
Page 1 of 1