Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Artwork: "Those Eyes"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

New Artwork: "Those Eyes" Empty
PostSubject: New Artwork: "Those Eyes"   New Artwork: "Those Eyes" EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:01 pm

New Artwork: "Those Eyes" ThoseEyes

I spent about 40 some hours working on this within the past few weeks
and I've come to the conclusion that I loathe painting fur... I spent more time
on the fur than anything else, and that's a fact.

Anyways, this is Victoria's illustration profile for the Atlantech book project which will contain the first part of the comic along with profiles, background history and tons of artwork. It's one project which will take me a long time to do. This is just one of many illustrations I have to do.

You can view the full sized image here. Warning it's very large!
I'm also surprised at how much she looks like silent film star, Nancy Carroll than the one I actually modeled after; Clara Bow.

Her ending up looking like Nancy Carroll was not intentional at all lol

here's the comparisons

New Artwork: "Those Eyes" NancyCarroll0105L

New Artwork: "Those Eyes" NancyCarroll0105m

New Artwork: "Those Eyes" NancyCarroll0105a
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: New Artwork: "Those Eyes"   New Artwork: "Those Eyes" EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:37 am

Wow Happy, that looks really good! Looking at how the fur, as well as the hair is painted, I can certainly sympathize with ya! I think my one arm would be killing me if I had to do that kind of, layered?, painting! Still, the picture looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: New Artwork: "Those Eyes"   New Artwork: "Those Eyes" EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:44 am

Brian3D wrote:
Wow Happy, that looks really good! Looking at how the fur, as well as the hair is painted, I can certainly sympathize with ya! I think my one arm would be killing me if I had to do that kind of, layered?, painting! Still, the picture looks amazing!

Thanks for your comments Grin
and actually I use maybe one or two layers when working on these types of paintings
I don't know how others can use so many at once, it's just a big mess for me lol
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: New Artwork: "Those Eyes"   New Artwork: "Those Eyes" EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 5:02 am

HP I love those eyes!! you captured the look of love in her eyes and in her facial expression. A job well done!! I enjoyed the detail you brought out in both the feather boa and also in the gloves...(you give them that metallic look with ease.) It took you 40 hrs to make but honestly you can see the love and compassion that you have put into it. Keep up the wonderful work and always put your heart into it when you feel like giving it up! Its what makes us lefties strive!! lol well it's what works for me anyways.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: New Artwork: "Those Eyes"   New Artwork: "Those Eyes" EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:15 am

Iceblue106 wrote:
HP I love those eyes!! you captured the look of love in her eyes and in her facial expression. A job well done!! I enjoyed the detail you brought out in both the feather boa and also in the gloves...(you give them that metallic look with ease.) It took you 40 hrs to make but honestly you can see the love and compassion that you have put into it. Keep up the wonderful work and always put your heart into it when you feel like giving it up! Its what makes us lefties strive!! lol well it's what works for me anyways.

Aww thank you Grin
and yes I love what I do so I put my heart into my works
though I can be obsessive at times lol
but I guess spending hours on projects for fun is a leftie thing?
haha thanks again, I appreciate the feedback =]
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: New Artwork: "Those Eyes"   New Artwork: "Those Eyes" EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:47 pm

See? I'm not the only one who thinks your art kicks ass...
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: New Artwork: "Those Eyes"   New Artwork: "Those Eyes" EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Viper wrote:
See? I'm not the only one who thinks your art kicks ass...

im blushing
Back to top Go down
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: New Artwork: "Those Eyes"   New Artwork: "Those Eyes" EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:34 pm

happypenguins wrote:
and actually I use maybe one or two layers when working on these types of paintings
I don't know how others can use so many at once, it's just a big mess for me lol

Your kidding, only two layers? That boa has some very nice depth to the strands, so for only two layers, it's a very rich texture!
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: New Artwork: "Those Eyes"   New Artwork: "Those Eyes" EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:51 am

Brian3D wrote:
happypenguins wrote:

Your kidding, only two layers? That boa has some very nice depth to the strands, so for only two layers, it's a very rich texture!

Yep just two layers Grin an underpainting (which is the color added under the sketch & and the over painting (when I merge the sketch with the underpainting and start the overpainting on top of it. I'll have to make a new tutorial one of these days, just to show how the process works and maybe share some of my own tricks I use ;]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Artwork: "Those Eyes"   New Artwork: "Those Eyes" Empty

Back to top Go down

New Artwork: "Those Eyes"
Page 1 of 1