Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary

Go down 
+3
Seto Kaiba
mecha2241
Zen72
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zen72
Zen72

Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary   Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:27 am

First let me say I am not any type of artist. I was just playing around.

The official one from the Harmony Gold boys;

Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary Hg_log11

Now, MY way of saying Happy Anniversary to Robotech;

Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary Pct114

I know, I know....looks kinda cheesy, but this is my first logo! I just feel that HG really neglects the Original 85 horribly and it's nothing more than a disgusting Shadow Chronicles love fest....BLAAAAAAH! not happy

Please be gentle with your criticisms....

- Zen----JT
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

PostSubject: Re: Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary   Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:36 am

HG's 25th anniversary logo is so cheap and sad looking...

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?forumid=13&id=2037797&pagenumber=1#post
Back to top Go down
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

PostSubject: Re: Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary   Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:46 am

Y'know... if Harmony Gold's goal for this atrocious-looking official 25th Anniversary seal was for it to distract us all from their noticeable lack of special events planned for the show's 25th anniversary, and prevent us from noticing that the convention tour is the same one they do every year (though if the pattern continues, their booths will be even smaller this year, and much of their panels will be people camping out waiting to get good seats for the one which starts after theirs)... they can chalk it up as a spectacular failure. That thing's the sort of Photoshop nightmare that I would've expected from a rank amateur with a how-to book.

I also can't get past how similar it looks (albeit in full 3D and color instead of silhouette) to the Macross 25th Anniversary logo... they just flipped the GERWALK's position horizontally and angled it up a bit...
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary   Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Like I said last night they're treating the original series as if it doesnt exist, almost like it can't measure up to the greatness that is the shadow chronicles!
It's also quite lulzy that TSC wasnt around 25 years ago.......so what's their excuse for TSC art in the logo now?

and JT I like your logo Grin I think its more suiting than that failure
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary   Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 8:33 am

I recall a bumper sticker that might be a better suit for the 25th Anniversary.....

Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary Stoleit
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary   Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:03 am

Trying to figure out how to rewrite this exchange to be about the Yune Brothers....

From "To Be or Not to Be" (Jack Benny version - the same scene occurred in the Mel Brooks version, which combined the characters Josef Tura and Bronsky into one)

Josef Tura: [disguised as Nazi agent Professor Siletsky - speaking about Maria Tura] Her husband is that great, great Polish actor, Josef Tura. You've probably heard of him.
Colonel Ehrhardt: Oh, yes. As a matter of fact I saw him on the stage when I was in Warsaw once before the war.
Josef Tura: Really?
Colonel Ehrhardt: What he did to Shakespeare we are doing now to Poland.
Back to top Go down
http://home.kih.net/~sbundy/
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary   Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:06 am

How about...

Carl Macek: [disguised as an AD Vision employee] I work with that great anime importer, Carl Macek. You've probably heard of him.
Tommy Yune: Oh, yes. As a matter of fact I saw his work on TV, growing up in the Eighties.
Macek: Really?
Tommy: What he did to Macross we are doing now to Robotech.
Back to top Go down
http://home.kih.net/~sbundy/
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary   Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:49 pm

OK, honest opinion here. The HG logo is not bad, if New Generation was the only story in Robotech. JT, not bad, man, not bad! I like that you potray all three stories!

Now if we take JT's idea of mecha from all three stories, and used the HG logo as a template, we're d have a winner! Like JT's, set all three mecha up in the circles, kinda over lapping each other, maybe with part of the SDF 1 or 3, in the back ground, then over lay the robotech 25 years part from the HG logo.

Just my opinion, now feel free to fire the main gun. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary   Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary Empty

Back to top Go down

Tried my hand at my own Logo for the 25th Anniversary
Page 1 of 1